Some helpful info

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Some helpful info

Postby garymbuska » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 am

Lately I was having a problem with the sound I was getting from ATC Every time I got clearance to takeoff or to land I would hear a clip from another web page that was advertising an adult web page.
I could not figure out where this was coming from as I have not visited any adult sites on my system as I learned that lesson a long time ago. I discovered a post form a user that had a similar problem and what they wound up doing was to replace the useenglishbig.gvp file. They had copied the file from FS2009 to FSX . So I figured what did i have to loose. the first thing i did was to move the original file to my desktop for safe keeping. and than I copied the file to my FSX ATC folder which is where the original file was. It worked like a champ i no longer hear unwanted sounds the only thing I had to do after making the switch was to select a voice to use with ATC as there was non set so i never heard anything I said to ATC . That had me concerned for a while but now it works great
I hope others may find this useful.
8-) <<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam