Payware aircraft

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Payware aircraft

Postby garymbuska » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:38 am

Problems with a payware aircraft
I purchased the PDGB737-800/900 a while ago and have had a ton of problems with it. The place i brought it from has helped some but I still have issues.
the problem is
When I start up FSX (BOXED VERSION) and use any air craft and any airport at any gate the sim loads up and every thing is as it should be now if I change aircraft to any of the PMDG aircraft i have issues with the scenery
One time the plane shows up intact as it should be but now the hangar or building i was parked at has completely disappeared and all AI are invisible all you see are the Nav lights and beacon .
Other times parts of the aircraft are missing.
The manufacturer states that this aircraft is particular and does not like being copied on itself what ever that means. I was told to use the default startup for FSX which is the Trike over Findlay Harbor and than before i Go to any airport to change aircraft first.
That has helped to a point but then while I am flying and change views from spot plane back to in the cockpit here comes the missing aircraft and buildings again. And eventually I lose control of the panel the top menu disappears and if I use control enter look out because her comes the missing scenery again.
Now my FSX is pretty much default as I do not have a lot of scenery installed and only a few other payware aircraft which by the way has no problems at all.
I also do not have any problems with any other aircraft causing buildings to disappear no matter how many times i switch views.
does any one else have these problems ?
I would appreciate any help . :pray:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Payware aircraft

Postby Daube » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:31 am

The PMDG aircrafts are some of the best, most detailled, and most realistic addons ever made for our simulators (FSX or P3D).
They are quite demanding for the ressources of the computer.
The disappearing buildings may be a sign your hardware is struggling to display the aircraft.

Isn't there some configuration tool with that aircraft, which would allow you to choose the level of details or something like that ?
Also, you might want to check directly on the PMDG support forums (on AVSIM forums, you'll need to be registered there) to get support or check if anybody had the same issues.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/136- ... ort-forum/
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:01 pm

As you can see by my specs I do not think this is a hardware problem at all as i run FSX maxed out frame rates locked at 30 and have no issues with any other aircraft
And i agree with you about the detail of this aircraft now I have not noticed my frame rates dropping at all
it has something to do with the textures just not sure what the problem is
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Daube » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 am

Your video card is a low end one, with only 2 GB of RAM.
It could be that the high res textures of the plane are eating them all, leading to graphical problems, I guess...
In your FSX.CFG, did you add the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak ?
In your FSX settings, have you tried lowering the global texture resolution to a lower value ?
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:02 am

Daube wrote:Your video card is a low end one, with only 2 GB of RAM.
It could be that the high res textures of the plane are eating them all, leading to graphical problems, I guess...
In your FSX.CFG, did you add the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak ?
In your FSX settings, have you tried lowering the global texture resolution to a lower value ?

That was the first thing I did
now I use Active Sky 16 and Active Sky Cloud Art and that uses some high textures as well perhaps i might try turning down the sliders.
Right now buying another Card is not on my list of must haves. the next step up would be the the 10 series and they are not exactly cheap
and the latest card is a small fortune runs close to $1,000

but thanks for the info
The forum was not much help 8-)
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam