Trouble with John Young's Canberra Pkg.

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Trouble with John Young's Canberra Pkg.

Postby scramper » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:00 am

Hi everyone, I have dl'd "jy_canberras_ai_fsx_1.zip", read what I am supposed to do, put it where it is supposed to go, and it just won't show up. In fact, the only files I ever have trouble with are the ones that have several models in the same folder (as opposed to one model and many different textures. Am I supposed to separate them out? Please help if you can b/c I am really stuck! Thanks for any and all help!
scramper
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Trouble with John Young's Canberra Pkg.

Postby Hagar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:56 am

Hi there. This is an "AI Only" package intended for use as AI traffic. It is not intended to be player flyable. The aircraft folder contains no panel or sound & the Canberra will not be listed on the aircraft selection menu.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby javelin9r » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:31 am

You have to put a panel in. I put the default FSX Boeing 737 in. Then make your A?C cfg like this;
[fltsim.0]
title=Canberra_B2_AI
sim=JY_Canberra_AI
model=B2
panel=
sound=
texture=B2
checklists=
description=\n \n
ui_manufacturer=English Electric AI
ui_type=Canberra
ui_variation=B2
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=0001
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
atc_flight_number=01
atc_parking_types =MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes =

All my AI flys OK, including John Youngs aircraft
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby scramper » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:45 am

To Hagar and Javelin9r: Guys (or gals) thanks so much for the reply! I am dling a 737 as I write and will let you know how it works. So, do you think that what you're saying is true of all ? Those have been the only ones that have multiple models in the same folder. It seemed that the install went fine and then they were MIA.
scramper
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:05 am

Any 3rd party aircraft with AI in the description is not intended to be player flyable & will not normally display on the FSX free light selection menu.
All others should work fine, providing you follow the installation instructions. This will get easier once you've successfully installed a few addons & you're familiar with how they're configured. You can always use the default aircraft for reference. Most of these have multiple variations in a single folder.
Also, make sure you have the 'Show all variations' box checked on the FSX Free Flight aircraft selection window. Otherwise only one variation of a specific aircraft type will be listed.

All installed player flyable aircraft aircraft will be listed on the selection menu under the manufacturer name, type & variation.
This can be identified by opening the Aircraft.cfg file in Notepad. For example, this is the first variation of the default B737-800;

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint1
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref
atc_id=N737W
atc_airline=Boeing
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Boeing livery"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."

Hope this helps.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby javelin9r » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:31 am

My JYAI Canberra folder has 6 different model folders. Just make sure that the a/c cfg has the right model listed.
ie: If you want the model TT18, then your cfg should look like this :

[fltsim.2]
title=Canberra_TT18_RN_AI
sim=JY_Canberra_AI
model=TT18
panel=
sound=
texture=TT18_RN
checklists=
description=\n \n
ui_manufacturer=English Electric AI
ui_type=Canberra
ui_variation=TT18 RN AI
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=0001
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
atc_flight_number=01
atc_parking_types =MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes =

Hope I am telling you correctly, no doubt someone will put you right if I am wrong
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby javelin9r » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:38 am

This is part of my selection list. Some are not shown as pictures as I haven't bothered to do the correct thumbnails, but they are all there. I have tweaked the mdl file to get a bit of shine on them, as they were all dull finished. Your choice.
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam