Need a little help please!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Need a little help please!

Postby bjmxc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Hello all, hope everyone here could help me out a little.. I have a few problems..

* In some aircraft i lose the VC when looking straight.. i can start the flight and its shows and works for a few minuets then it dissapars untill i look around about 20 degrees or so. then it comes back, but as i look forward again.. its gone.
* I have the GWPS sound in the main sound folder of FSX i have the steam edition.. but there is no callouts.
* I have the logitec autopilot panel.. and sometimes in the middle of a flight it freezes up and then cuts out.. i can only bring it back up and running if i close off and exit fsx and reload it will it work again.
Thankyou very much for the help.. I am not the best with computers but im decent.. so any help will be grateful. I am "ok" with moving files around and locating them but anything with re writing a code.. or something along that line.. I do not know what to do.

*** computer specs.. windows 10,
AMD A12-900 Radeon R7, 12 compute cores 4C+8G
RAM 12.0GB (11.4gb usable)
64-bit operation system x64 based processor
Lenovo desktop.
**as for my monitor.. not exactly sure.. its a curved Samsung..**
bjmxc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Need a little help please!

Postby garymbuska » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:26 am

bjmxc wrote:Hello all, hope everyone here could help me out a little.. I have a few problems..

* In some aircraft i lose the VC when looking straight.. i can start the flight and its shows and works for a few minuets then it dissapars untill i look around about 20 degrees or so. then it comes back, but as i look forward again.. its gone.
* I have the GWPS sound in the main sound folder of FSX i have the steam edition.. but there is no callouts.
* I have the logitec autopilot panel.. and sometimes in the middle of a flight it freezes up and then cuts out.. i can only bring it back up and running if i close off and exit fsx and reload it will it work again.
Thankyou very much for the help.. I am not the best with computers but im decent.. so any help will be grateful. I am "ok" with moving files around and locating them but anything with re writing a code.. or something along that line.. I do not know what to do.

*** computer specs.. windows 10,
AMD A12-900 Radeon R7, 12 compute cores 4C+8G
RAM 12.0GB (11.4gb usable)
64-bit operation system x64 based processor
Lenovo desktop.
**as for my monitor.. not exactly sure.. its a curved Samsung..**

First things first
The issue with a Virtual Cockpit disappearing sounds like a graphic issue what do you use for graphics? Do you have a graphic card or are you relying on onboard graphics.
Most on board graphics are not the best that there is but there are some that do a decent job. But it is always better to have a graphic card that uses a PCI express slot
the other thing that might cause this is the camera definition angles
As far as call outs go you have to have something like this in order for them to work
I found this in the Aircraft CFG file of one of my Airbuses

[GPWS]
max_warning_height = 1000
sink_rate_fpm = -1800
excessive_sink_rate_fpm = -5800
climbout_sink_rate_fpm = -100
flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -100

I hope this helps
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Need a little help please!

Postby bjmxc » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:39 pm

for the graphics card im using is... AMD A12-9800 Radeon R7 no idea what that means.. just found the info on "my computer tab" lol

now as for the config files.. im not sure how to set them up or put the code in the right place to make it work.. any way to test it out to see if it works or not?
bjmxc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam