Cannot load ACG IWM Duxford scenery add on

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Cannot load ACG IWM Duxford scenery add on

Postby whirlwind 10 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi
I am trying to reload ACG IWM Duxford add on scenery ,it will not load and I get the following message

AG IWM Duxford FSX has not totally installed because of the following reason.

Cannot create the following file.
c\program files(x86)Microsoft games\Microsoft flight simulator x \uninstall _ ACG _ IWM_DUXFORD _FSX$$A

you will have to completely run this utility again to completely install ACGs IWM Duxford/fsx
I have tried all I know which is not a lot , and I cannot get this add on to load , I have never had a problem with ACG before
whirlwind 10
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Cannot load ACG IWM Duxford scenery add on

Postby Dave T » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Run the installer as administrator.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby 511Flyer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:34 pm

I took advice of an old hand at FSX and never trusted an installer. If I'm at all unsure, I install to the desktop and then install the different files from there. It works for me.

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:23 am

511Flyer wrote:I took advice of an old hand at FSX and never trusted an installer. If I'm at all unsure, I install to the desktop and then install the different files from there. It works for me.

Den.

Same thing applies to me unless I know the person or company I do not trust installers as you do not always know where things are being installed which can create all kinds of problems with Windows 10
wanting to install any 32 bit program in the Program Files folder which 90% of the time you do not want it there. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam