FSX Activation Error 1-80004005

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX Activation Error 1-80004005

Postby fulviot66 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi Guys,
I hope you're doing well.
My today problem is the following.
After a migration from HDD to SSD my FSX GE Acceletion pack doesn't activate and it works like a demo to permit me a fly 30 minutes long.
Did someone else get the same issue?
How can I resolve it?
Many thanks to all in advance and sorry for my English.
<<q
fulviot66
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX Activation Error 1-80004005

Postby Shadowcaster » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:47 pm

You could give this a try

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:36 am

Shadowcaster wrote:You could give this a try

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Rich

do not be surprised if you find PARTMGR already there but notice the upper and lower case letters it has to be PartMgr
when I did this I got an error saying that there can be no spaces behind PartMgr. I ignored this because I had not put any spaces. Which makes me think that was the problem to start with spaces after PartMgr
after closing the editor I fired up FSX and the activation screen popped right up .
:clap: :dance:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:12 am

Good advise Gary, the Windows Reg is a pernickety beast at the best of times, I'm happy to say that that I no longer have this problem since switching to Steam FSX and P3d. :dance:

Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 am

Shadowcaster wrote:Good advise Gary, the Windows Reg is a pernickety beast at the best of times, I'm happy to say that that I no longer have this problem since switching to Steam FSX and P3d. :dance:

Rich

I am unable to put FSX steam on my system at home because the version I have is a beta version and it uses the FSX CFG instead of making its own Steam version of FSX CFG and that cause some strange problems indeed
But who knows I just might stop using the boxed version as I have been having some issues with it that I have not been able to solve. The problem is that they are intermittent and it is hard to tell if it is a real problem or some kind of issue with the plane I am using.
Sometimes when I start up FSX and use one of my PAYWARE Airbuses from Just Flight either the plane does not show up completely or the AI are invisible are both it is really a pain in the rear. Just Flight states that the aircraft are so detailed that you can not use them as part of a default flight . You have to use the default start flight and than change aircraft. something about installing it upon itself causes issues.
Not sure exactly what that means but so far doing that i do not have issues.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam