FSX question

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX question

Postby lukaskupasz » Thu May 24, 2018 6:35 am

I have FSX Gold and Acceleration. all worked fine till i messed trying to load an autopilot to run EH101 Helecopter, something screwed up and I had to uninstall acceleration.

I tried to load Acceleration again and it will not install, it always says the program finished before installation could complete. Please help.
lukaskupasz
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX question

Postby garymbuska » Fri May 25, 2018 11:16 am

lukaskupasz wrote:I have FSX Gold and Acceleration. all worked fine till i messed trying to load an autopilot to run EH101 Helecopter, something screwed up and I had to uninstall acceleration.

I tried to load Acceleration again and it will not install, it always says the program finished before installation could complete. Please help.

You may have to uninstall FSX and start from scratch
but you can try the following
This may not work if you uninstalled Acceleration

If you google can not activate Acceleration on Windows 10 you will find the following answer

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.
When I tried this i noticed that PARTMGR was already there but was all in caps so I keyed PartMgr and hit enter
i got an error message that there could be no spaces after PartMgr
i ignored it since I did not key any spaces
I exited out of regedit and started FSX and low and behold i got the activation screen for Acceleration
now it works fine

If this does not work you will have to uninstall FSX as Acceleration has to be installed after FSX has been installed and ran at least one time

8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam