FSX/P3D A380-800 Multi Livery pack

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX/P3D A380-800 Multi Livery pack

Postby shoobedoo » Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 am

Hey guys, I downloaded and installed the FSX/P3D A380-800 Multi Livery pack by Chris Evans that was recently posted in the files library, it's a great package, and as always Chris has done fine job with this.

However, I'm having an issue with the flight dynamics, in level flight with the autopilot off (ie. manual control) the aircraft spontaneously begins drifting to the left without any control inputs. I know for a fact this is not a joystick calibration issue because none of my other installed aircraft, both free and payware exhibit this kind of behavior.

I'm really at a loss to figure out how to fix this, which is a shame because it kind of ruins what is an otherwise great package.

I have thought about contacting the author to see what if anything I might be able to do about this, but I don't want to seem like I'm "complaining" about his free stuff. I've downloaded and installed quite a few of his packages and never encountered anything like this before.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FSX/P3D A380-800 Multi Livery pack

Postby shoobedoo » Fri May 18, 2018 7:27 am

I found a fix for this on my own.

With some experimentation I found that by using right Aileron trim (CTRL+ Num Pad 6) I could get it to fly level with my hand off the control stick.

It took a full 20 keypresses to compensate for whatever was causing this uncommanded bank to the left. I'm assuming that one of the Ailerons was significantly out of trim, or there is an error in either the .air file or aircraft.cfg file.

I've never encountered this before on any aircraft, either freeware or payware, but if it ever occurs on another plane I'll know how to proceed, and perhaps this information will be of use to someone else in the future.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Fri May 18, 2018 7:44 am

Do all four throttles move as one?
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby shoobedoo » Sat May 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Dave T wrote:Do all four throttles move as one?

On a single throttle control like my Saitek X52 Pro yes.

If you had a 4 lever throttle control you might be able to control each one independently, but I'm not sure.

This isn't an asymmetrical thrust problem if that's what your'e thinking.

FWIW, this aircraft doesn't exhibit this same tendency to gradually begin un-commanded banking to the left in P3D v4.2, so this must be some kind of glitch with FSX SE. Anyway, it's simple enough to compensate for, so it's no big deal.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sun May 20, 2018 6:50 am

I just downloaded and tried this A380 Airbus_A380_Pack_V2.1.zip
It flew straight without having to add any aileron trim using the settings below hands off no autopilot.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby shoobedoo » Sun May 20, 2018 1:00 pm

I have auto rudder checked off in my settings because I don't have rudder pedals, so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know.

At any rate it's only a minor inconvenience to have to trim the left aileron up before a flight, so I am not concerned about it, but it does seem odd that it only happens with this particular aircraft and then only with FSX SE and P3D.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Mon May 21, 2018 6:53 am

shoobedoo wrote:I have auto rudder checked off in my settings because I don't have rudder pedals, so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know.

At any rate it's only a minor inconvenience to have to trim the left aileron up before a flight, so I am not concerned about it, but it does seem odd that it only happens with this particular aircraft and then only with FSX SE and P3D.

One other thing that might be causing this is a problem with the fuel in that wing look closely at the aircraft cfg file
I had a similar problem with a four engine aircraft one wing had larger fuel tanks than the other wing thus causing a out of balance condition
it is the only thing that could cause this unless the weight and balance section is incorrect somewhere.
But if one wing holds 25,000 lbs and the other holds 35,000 lbs the plane will bank in the direction of the heavier wing.
Another thing that could cause this is fuel being transferred to one wing but not the other creating the same effect.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam