Script errors at startup

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Script errors at startup

Postby shoobedoo » Sat May 12, 2018 8:49 am

After a recent Windows 10 update (something to do with Adobe) I have started getting script errors at startup in FSX SE. (see screenshots)

These will pop up before FSX has completely loaded and have to be closed down before it can start normally.

These error messages don't prevent the program from running, and are more of a nuisance than anything else, but they indicate that a problem exists somewhere, and I would like to make them go away.

If anyone knows how to deal with this I would appreciate your comments and/or suggestions.

Thanks.
Attachments
Script1.jpg
Script1.jpg (134.14 KiB) Viewed 765 times
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Script errors at startup

Postby garymbuska » Tue May 15, 2018 12:34 pm

shoobedoo wrote:After a recent Windows 10 update (something to do with Adobe) I have started getting script errors at startup in FSX SE. (see screenshots)

These will pop up before FSX has completely loaded and have to be closed down before it can start normally.

These error messages don't prevent the program from running, and are more of a nuisance than anything else, but they indicate that a problem exists somewhere, and I would like to make them go away.

If anyone knows how to deal with this I would appreciate your comments and/or suggestions.

Thanks.

When you open steam click on Library and than click on FSXSE than on help then go to the local files link and click on check integrity of game files
this will make sure there is no problem with the files.
if that does not work you can always reinstall it from your games menu 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby shoobedoo » Wed May 16, 2018 4:12 am

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. Yes, the day after I made the original post I ran the files check and it cleared up the script errors.

I had posted this message on several other forums including the Steam forum and ORBX. One of the Mods at ORBX told me a files integrity check wouldn't fix it, but he's wrong, it did fix it.

The only downside to running a files integrity check is that if you have ORBX scenery installed when FSX SE starts up for the first time after a files check it will overwrite the FTX Global textures with default ones, which in turn will cause ORBX Vector and Landclass sceneries to stop working properly. Then FTX Global will have to be uninstalled and re-installed, the libraries updated (if necessary) and the migration tool run to set things right. It's a shame ORBX doesn't warn FSX SE users about the implications of running a files check if you have ORBX scenery installed, but they don't.

As you probably know, almost everyone who uses FSX SE will most likely have to run a files integrity check at one time or another to fix some issue or other, but another of their Mods (who btw doesn't even use FSX SE) told me bluntly that you should never have to run a files check "if you know what you're doing", which is nonsense, but I didn't want to get in to a big debate with him so I just let it go.

Thanks again.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 am

shoobedoo wrote:Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. Yes, the day after I made the original post I ran the files check and it cleared up the script errors.

I had posted this message on several other forums including the Steam forum and ORBX. One of the Mods at ORBX told me a files integrity check wouldn't fix it, but he's wrong, it did fix it.

The only downside to running a files integrity check is that if you have ORBX scenery installed when FSX SE starts up for the first time after a files check it will overwrite the FTX Global textures with default ones, which in turn will cause ORBX Vector and Landclass sceneries to stop working properly. Then FTX Global will have to be uninstalled and re-installed, the libraries updated (if necessary) and the migration tool run to set things right. It's a shame ORBX doesn't warn FSX SE users about the implications of running a files check if you have ORBX scenery installed, but they don't.

As you probably know, almost everyone who uses FSX SE will most likely have to run a files integrity check at one time or another to fix some issue or other, but another of their Mods (who btw doesn't even use FSX SE) told me bluntly that you should never have to run a files check "if you know what you're doing", which is nonsense, but I didn't want to get in to a big debate with him so I just let it go.

Thanks again.

No problem glad you got it fixed
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam