Race cars by Erwin Welker

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Race cars by Erwin Welker

Postby Very_Old_Man » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Thought I mention about Erwin Welker's recent upload of 2 older race cars.
They seem to drive well, & you can even drive them as a pair & pass.
As far as where to drive them? That is a bit up in the air.
One suggestion is to use the long runway at Area 51.
However, that is essentially only a drag race.
There is a race track available called Lime Rock,
however the download is rather huge, about 400Mb in zip mode.
One suggestion is to use F1H0 (Hockenheimring, Germany) in FS2004 from Flightsim.
Another possibility is to try the Malibu scenery in Simviation. Perhaps from the
CA99 airport area along the coastline to a lighthouse. Might get airborne along the way

So try Erwin's race cars for a nice diversion...
Very_Old_Man
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Race cars by Erwin Welker

Postby napamule » Thu May 31, 2018 3:57 am

Wow, I don't know how I missed this post/thread. Right down my alley. Do download Erwin's cars. They are great. I have been 'racing' in sim (FS9 & FSX) for 10 years or more. And when I started there were no tracks. Then F1HO (Dirk Stuck) came around. Before this I looked high and low for airfields that had circular tarmacs and used those for 'racing' (testing FDEs mostly). One is Hamilton (SRF) by Novato, CA. The other is Hawarden U.K. (EGNR). You have to drive around and familiarize yourself with the circuit or 'track'. One trick is to use 'Outside/Top Down' view in a new window (Pres '[') to make it easier to drive (zoom in/out to adjust). I have found other 'circuits' that go from airports to roads that you can use to get back to the original start (airport). Even found some good hilly/curving roads in Montana! Ha! Some roads are better than others that's for sure. And there are no 'Road Signs' so use top down view to help find where to turn. I hate to admit just how many hours/days/weeks/months I spent looking around for 'circuits' all over the USA. I have OK Daley's LeMans4FSX now (Payware) so I drive there a lot. But you can 'zoom' about using the default Freeways (better surface) and even a lot of the 'rural' roads are 'ok' too. There are vehicles by Hama, Stuck, Welker, and Daley out there. FDEs are not so good, but that's a different story.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Apex » Thu May 31, 2018 7:12 am

Great stuff. KLAX Los Angeles is a good large port to drive around in, haven't gotten a ticket yet, haha. And driving between houses and buildings really revs up your driving skills.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby napamule » Thu May 31, 2018 8:35 am

LA eh? Have to try that one. Oh, Stuck's F1HO works in FSX too. But to not have trees on track you have to slide autogen all the way left (OFF). Some of the graphics do not 'look' right but the track is good. I soup up all of my vehicles. ALL of them, not just the 'Race' cars. My Corvette (by E. Welker) does 210 mph! Here is link to BMW i8 at (EGNR). https://youtu.be/3Ux7fcrusi8 . I don't even 'fly' anymore - I can drive there and get there just as fast (ha).
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Thu May 31, 2018 10:24 am

Another good "track" is the circular "endless runway".

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=10&y=14

The only odd thing is that some vehicles d not recognize the slopped runway surface. I'm not sure why that happens.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Thu May 31, 2018 10:32 am

Erwin is a great guy with amazing designs!! If one of you is interested (but maybe I'm telling too much now), he's now working on a DeLorean that can drive on the road and, as a submarine, go underwater. I suppose that when you contact him he might be willing to share. It's still amazing me what designers can do with flightsims.

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Thu May 31, 2018 10:37 am

" ...he's now working on a DeLorean that can drive on the road and, as a submarine, go underwater... "

What happens when it hits 88 miles per hour? :think:
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Thu May 31, 2018 5:18 pm

The STOL DeLaurean that Welker put out on May 9, 2018 cruises at 350 kts. So speed is not how it changes to 'Time Warp' mode. You have to be in VC view and push the 'T' key, to go into 'warp' mode, so 88 mph is irrelevent to it's operation - unlike the effect you see in the movie. Still, it's a very clever design. I added a comment: 'The STOL DeLaurean by Welker is simply amazing!'. And (to my surprise) the FDEs were 'right on' and 'almost' perfect. I used a different cfg and air file (for better handling when in the air) but kept the flaps. That is what made it work as intended. He must of put in 10 hours on the flaps alone. Not easy. That is why I admire his work. He is a Pro!

The Sub will be possible in P3D but not sure if it will work in FSX. I could be wrong. The car and the sub are actually tied together as one model and using annimation of some sort you 'switch'. It's 'rocket science' to me, so I don't understand how it's going to be done, especially in FSX. Probably have to be in VC mode again? Super-Duper stuff!

Oh I tried the endless runway and the cars would not ride on the slopped sections. Not sure why. I just gave up. It's not the cnt pts so it has to be the surface. After all it is 'scenery' and maybe not a hard surface. I am going back to mess with it but not sure it can be 'fixed'. No matter as it was too 'short' a track anyway. Get the Indy5004FSX by OK Daley (Google it). You can go 280 mph on that one (and it IS an 'endless runway').
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:08 am

I got the Ringway Airport Version 2 by Mark Piccolo and managed to drive around. I tried different vehicles. But once they 'fell thru' the scenery (surface) they stayed sunk. The trick is to load the C-172, wait 15 seconds, drive it a few feet on surface, then go load a vehicle. I used the Rocket Car by Delivery Guy and got it going 620 mph around the Ringway. Too cool. I made a short 2 min video: https://youtu.be/hKMLzfYhYRE . Tomorrow I will try landing the 737 and the 747 just for kicks. I would drive the DeLorean but I am afraid I would wind up stuck in an INFINITE LOOP (hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dadam141 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:59 am

GTA5 ps4 Has delorean that flies and has weapons its and named it the deluxo wish it was made for fsx!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dadam141
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:57 am

Rocket car? Thrust SSC! MMmmmmmm... Must have....... 8-)
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Bofredrik » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Erwin should have a given seat at Flight Simulator of Fame!
His cars, ships etc is amazing and at the edge of what man
can make for Flight Simulator. I say TOP 5 Star to 100 %. :geek:
His work has given me many hours of pure joy.
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam