resolved saitek panel issues

FSX including FSX Steam version.

resolved saitek panel issues

Postby Cusance » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:38 am

This may help others so I thought I pass it on.
the problem was that after a reinstall the multi panel buttons did not work or simply worked incorrectly. Also the radio panel buttons did not work. I tried everything. I had used the Logitech plugins etc.
Nothing cured this button problem. then installed original SPAD which worked but the FLAPS switch did not work correctly. Installing Spad.Next, no doubt an excellent product seemed too steep a learning curve for what I was trying to achieve, to get the panels working as intended out of the box. I even tried the Power assist thing you may read about.
Beginning to ring a bell with anyone?
Then I had a thought. Saitek never needed drivers. The panels were always driven by the Microsoft USB device drivers.
So playing that hunch I used Geek ( an essential tool in my opinion if you want to PROPERLY uninstall stuff) and uninstalled all the Saitek/logitech stuff I came across EXCEPT the direct output stuff for the instrument panel which always worked fine. So I removed something called 'flightpanels' from logitech and the plugins from logitech.
Then reboot and indeed the Microsoft USB handler picked up the panels and all now works exactly as it should.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit. All panels are plugged into the PC none in hubs.
I have seen several posts where people have struggled with the multi panel buttons not working.
so this is how I solved the problem.Maybe it helps others.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: resolved saitek panel issues

Postby Roypcox » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks pal great info
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:24 pm

Re the mention of the Power Assist above which I had never heard of, I went a-googling and came up with the following

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usben ... abler.aspx

There are d/l's at the bottom of the page for folks having a problem. I haven't ever really had much in the way of problems with any Saitek panels.

And for those that may not be aware there is a SPAD 0.7 out there which I have found better in stability etc.. Can be found here

https://fseindhoven.stackstorage.com/s/ ... rce%20code
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:30 pm

yes good stuff but dont confuse the displays not working on the multi panel with the buttons not working. two seperate problems with different solutions. I was referring to the situation on which there are also some videos on YouTube of specifically the buttons not working althoughvthey correctlyvlight up when activating that dunction via the actual plane cockpit.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:01 am

Canuck1955 wrote:Re the mention of the Power Assist above which I had never heard of, I went a-googling and came up with the following

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usben ... abler.aspx

There are d/l's at the bottom of the page for folks having a problem. I haven't ever really had much in the way of problems with any Saitek panels.

And for those that may not be aware there is a SPAD 0.7 out there which I have found better in stability etc.. Can be found here

https://fseindhoven.stackstorage.com/s/ ... rce%20code

By the way, this SPAD v0.7 suffers from the same problem lower versions do, as it does not correctly
interpret the flap paddle settings on the Multi Panel. so it will go from
0 to 20 degrees in one step then second 'pull' it will go to complete flaps.
It cant be corrected with any of the 'setup' settings at least not in the original Spad version. Can't speak for spad.Next
but when the panels are controlled by the basic windows USB device driver it will correctly move to all the
right steps of the Flap settings. On all planes. This is an important issue which caused me to investigate going back to original Saitek settings
as outlined above.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:57 am

Problem No1. with Saitek is the cheap components and I don't see Logitech now the new owners doing anything to improve upon them. I understand there is a company out there who will upgrade the pots to make them more accurate in so far as they will solve the skipping issues when changing frequencies or speed.

I just accept them for what they are. It does make me nervous of going to higher (read more expensive) hardware just in case they have similar issues. I'll continue using them until they die and that will be that. :violin:
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam