spad.next profiles et al

FSX including FSX Steam version.

spad.next profiles et al

Postby Cusance » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:51 pm

I am running the Saitek radio, switches and multipanel also Saitek yoke and quadrant and instrument FIP panel.
I foolishly thought I try the demo version of X-plane. This promptly detected all my Saitek stuff and configured.
I don't think X-plane adds that much, at least not worth the bother of throwing away all aircraft, add-ons etc so I ditched X-plane again.
however, my Saitek panels were screwed. Won't bore you with the painful details but got it all working again after one week except for the
buttons on the multi-panel. Totally fed up with it all I installed the initial basic SPAD which got me
up and running again. (Except for the flaps control on the Multi panel which seems to have a mind of its own).
So it got me thinking about Spad.Next. I have had a look at the PDf and it's quite a learning curve.
What isn't clear to me is whether I have to configure a separate profile for each plane?
lots of work, or can one download ready-made profiles somewhere?
Anyone got any experience with all that before I take the plunge?

thanks a mill for any info.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: spad.next profiles et al

Postby Canuck1955 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:44 pm

The Switch panel is a fickle thing to start with. It has to be plugged into USB2 port (doesn't like USB3) it prefer direct into a PC and does not like being plugged into a (powered) hub. SPAD_Next seems great but imho the author wants way too much for it - especially if you want it across different platforms. So I won't go there. One reason I am reluctant to abandon FSX(including SE) and go the XP route is the amount of hardware and software invested over the years. Even P3D4 I rarely use for much that I love in FSX no longer is functional.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:09 pm

The switch panel and all others are fine, its the multi-panel only that gives me the problem. just can't get it to run (buttons) with the Saitek drivers. Worked for years until I tried X-Plane :(
And yes I am aware of the problems with power related issues via hubs etc. Everything is plugged directly into the PC.
The old SPAD seems to work OK but seems unstable. Hence my question.
what I would like to do is start with Spad.Next and a default profile rather same in functionality as the original Saitek drivers.
That's the way I want to start. I will no doubt create more specific profiles later.
My question, to clarify is, can I do this, basically replace the Saitek drivers
get my panels to work in a default mode or, do I have to configure a profile for every plane?
maybe a stupid question but the Spad.Next site and documentation don't seem to address this point.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Cusance » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:00 pm

correction: the XPDR buttons don't work either anymore with the Saitek drivers.
It's not the powerhub thing. I looked at that. So I am still considering spad.next if someone can answer my basic question. it would be appreciated.
Cusance
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam