Frame rates

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Frame rates

Postby slimcooper2002 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:36 pm

I know there is a recent post about locking your frame rates but I just can't find it. Anyways, I just installed fsx steam and was wondering how to lock my frame rates? I also installed FSW just because it was cheap, but looking at it it seems to have the same file structure as fsx. Can I install fsx addons into fsw? I've heard there are problems doing that
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Frame rates

Postby lunitic_8 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 pm

slimcooper2002 wrote:I know there is a recent post about locking your frame rates but I just can't find it. Anyways, I just installed fsx steam and was wondering how to lock my frame rates? I also installed FSW just because it was cheap, but looking at it it seems to have the same file structure as fsx. Can I install fsx addons into fsw? I've heard there are problems doing that

Go into your settings, then at the bottom there will be an option that says "customize." Under the graphics tab, there is a slider that lets you set a target frame rate. ;)

I7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
lunitic_8
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:35 am

If Steam version is basically the same as
FSX Gold,You can lock your frame rates in
the FSX CFG.

Anthin.
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:13 am

slimcooper2002 wrote:I know there is a recent post about locking your frame rates but I just can't find it. Anyways, I just installed fsx steam and was wondering how to lock my frame rates? I also installed FSW just because it was cheap, but looking at it it seems to have the same file structure as fsx. Can I install fsx addons into fsw? I've heard there are problems doing that

as using FSX addons in FSW odds are they will not work. Now I do not know this to be 100% true but I do know it comes down to displaying the textures. So it will depend on what FSW uses to display textures with and how they are set up.
As for locking your frame rates I lock mine at 30 some people set there frame rates to unlimited but I would not recommend that as your system will try its best to meet that setting and the odds are it will not so why try.
Now mind you the higher the frame rates the more demand you will put on your system. But if you never use real world weather and always fly in clear skies you might be able to to that.
Of course where you have your sliders set at will effect your frame rates as well. And any payware aircraft or scenery will definitely effect your frame rates as well as payware addons almost always try to get as realistic as they can and the rule of thumb here is the more details you try to display the lower your frame rates will go unless you have a descent system.
My self I have several payware addons and even flying the most detailed aircraft in the worst weather you can create I still keep close to 30 on my frame rates. My system is by far the not the top of the line but it is descent 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby slimcooper2002 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Thank you for the help. One last thing, how do you lock frame rates in FSW? I didn't see it in the settings
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby papituwall » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:47 pm

As far as I know in FSW it is not possible to lock framerates in the program and changes made in FSW.cfg are not saved according to my "experiments" when the program was launched. Only changes made with Nvidia Inspector are working.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam