FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX Deluxe + Acceleration & FSPS

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Afternoon all and a Snowy one it is... :lol:

Here is what is going on:

-New computer last spring
-Used mainly for FSX Deluxe + Acceleration ON Windows 10
-Early September took back to Best Buy and Geek Squad
-"D" Drive is huge so two days later they had FSX transferred from "C" Drive to "D" Drive...lots of room now
-Decided to use FSPS (Flight Simulator Panel Studio) to update some Carenado and other Payware Aircraft...mostly Radios and Gauges for ILS
-Worked for me in FS2004 and PRIOR to switching FSX from "C" Drive to "D" Drive
-2 Sessions with Geek Squad on Sunday...2 different Agents...couldn't get it to work
-Today and almost three hours later the Agent who is a Gamer also figures that although FSX works great on "D" Drive, FSPS does not like to move from "C" Drive to "D" Drive...believe me this guy did everything he could think of.

-Solution I think is too purchase a NEW Large "C" Drive and do away with "D" Drive totally...
-My opinion is that FSPS worked well in Vista but probably not all that compatible with Windows 10...just my opinion

-Am going to see if I can contact FSPS to see if they might have a solution before I spend anymore on this.

-If anyone has any suggestions sure would like to hear them... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: FSX Deluxe + Acceleration & FSPS

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:26 am

Good morning all...

With regards to my above Post...

The Best Buy Geek Squad spent a hour again yesterday to see why Flight Sim Panel Studio would not recognize Flight Simulator X Deluxe + Acceleration now transferred over to my "D" Drive from "C" Drive...no luck.

Have contacted Flight Sim Panel Studio by e-mail twice now in the last 5 Days...no Response

Contacted Microsoft Technical Support yesterday...spoke with a person who said he would transfer me to the right department as he was in Games :?:
Transferred me to the Technical Department...someone answered the phone after being put on hold for 15 minutes and when I said Hello...I got a busy signal :o

So much for Microsoft.

Have just Uninstalled Flight Sim Panel Studio and Plan G as it would not work either...

Just a thought but I am using Windows 10 PRO...could that be the problem :?:

Also they put Bitdefender on this...the Geek Squad checks it when they first look at this electronic gizmo every time.
Don't remember this problem happening before they installed Bitdefender...think it is time to Uninstall it also.

Old Girl wants me to WAIT until some Family Members come over....Me and my Rubber Mallet are tired of waiting...this electronic gizmo is almost 7 months old and could soon be a Boat Anchor in the Bay... :x
Never had this big a problem flying the real aircraft as I have had with Microsoft and their Flight Simulator Games.
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:40 am

Time to ditch that troublesome computer of your's Doug.....

Hanger all your aeroplanes...

...get one of these, and do a spot of ice fishing instead...>>>>

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/snowmobiles

....time for a change of occupation...trust me.....Its that time of year again!...

Paul... ;) ... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:58 pm

I went through the same thing not to long ago I now have two 1TB internal hard drives and 1 3.2 usb 1tb external hard drive as my signature states.
I now have plenty of room I have FSX and FSX steam on my B drive drive and FS2009 on my D drive which is my passport external drive. My operating system is on my C:drive
I do not install much software on my C drive 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks Paul... <<r

There are four snowmobiles along with dirt bikes and four wheelers up in the barn...about three years old unless son has upgraded them.

I am sure we will use the snowmobiles on Christmas and Boxing Day.

We had almost a foot of snow fall last night and it is still snowing. Can't even see the Bay now, heard a Herc go over a couple of hours ago but was snowing and with poor to no visibility I can only imagine they are practicing their IFR stuff.

No snow in forecast for Saturday or Sunday but some sun and flurries for Christmas Day. Saturday and Sunday the folks will be helping each other add the Skis to their aircraft at the bugsmasher field. We went through that last year and a couple of weeks later the snow had melted...got a lot of rain instead of snow...
My thought is too wait until mid January to see if we get enough snow...just hauling around extra weight with skis retracted (UP) all the time.

This NEW Computer (well new this past Spring) worked fine until they moved the Flight Sim over to "D" Drive from "C" Drive. Wish and I just might have to purchase a brand new much larger "C" Drive and get rid of the "D" Drive.

That means a complete Reinstall of everything...Flight Sim...Orbx...Payware Aircraft...everything...what a Pain this is going to be...will take days...

Merry Christmas Paul... <<v <<v
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:41 am

Good morning Gary... <<q

Going to see what the Best Buy Geek Squad has to say about this...they are the one's who set it up.

It takes so long to get an appointment...almost two to three weeks.

Going to try later today to reinstall Plan G and Flight Sim Panel Studio...will see if that works...FSX works fine.

Thanks for your feedback and have a Merry Christmas... <<v <<v
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:54 am

Good morning all... <<q

Reinstalled Plan G...works fine now but only in Windows Screen...will not show in Full Screen Mode...

As for Flight Simulator Panel Studio...in my opinion a waste of money...been a week and they have not even answered my two e-mails.

It will show but brings up Errors...It can't find FSX either... :doh:

Next Step is to Uninstall everything to do with Microsoft Flight Simulator Deluxe + Acceleration

Change the Huge "D" Drive to "C" Drive and start reinstalling everything...

Will only use the one Drive then...My new "C" Drive which came with this computer back in June I will use to store some Pictures and Food/Drink Recipes on and will rename it "D" Drive.

This is going to be a pain... :x
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:12 am

Something I just remembered You have to be careful when changing hard drives as you can not change your C drive without having to re register Windows as it is part of your key and if you are like me my copy was the free version that was first released. I know there is a way to reactivate it but not sure how. I found this link it should help you if it comes to that https://www.windowscentral.com/how-re-a ... are-change
one has to be careful when making hardware changes as it can cause you to loose your license for Windows 10 or any version of Windows. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:42 am

Ok...thanks Gary...Excellent information... ;)

Come to think of it they never gave me a Disk for Windows 10 Professional when I bought this computer back in June of 2017.

Perhaps safest way is to take this back to Best Buy and have them change the Drives...I will do the reinstalls with regards to Microsoft FSX Deluxe + Acceleration.

The one thing I am not clear about is should I even put Microsoft FSX Deluxe + Acceleration back on.

Would it be wiser and a better system to purchase P3D after changing Drives :?:
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam