fsx gold edition runs on widows 10 ok?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

fsx gold edition runs on widows 10 ok?

Postby bombardier » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:28 pm

hello to all: if there is another post like this one, sorry about that

I have windows 10 and just asking if fsx gold edition work ok on that op system.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: fsx gold edition runs on widows 10 ok?

Postby B0ikat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Yes.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:04 pm

It runs just fine but getting it installed can be an issue. For me it was patience that was needed. For some reason the install of disc 1 would sit and sit and sit and sit for about 15 minutes before it actually began the install process. Then it went fine. The Acceleration disc was another problem with error codes and I cannot quite remember how I resolved those, but there are numerous YT videos to help out. Ultimately I suggest waiting for a Steam sale and get their version of FSX. It has been tweaked to run better than the original. I got mine for $5. Also there is no problem regarding running out of licences for reinstalls.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 am

FSX gold installs with no problem But to this day I still cannot install Acceleration as you do not get a screen to activate it and it deactivates FSX I had to install SP1 and SP2 manually but I do not think I went about it the right way as I still have some problems like sometimes if I change aircraft the new aircraft will show up and then vanish or it displays with some of the textures missing.
But I also have FSX steam that I got for free because I was a beta tester.
I plan on trying one more time to install FSX Gold and Acceleration to see if i can get it to work.
I would suggest that you do not install FSX in the default folder. The best place is on a drive without your operating system on it. But any place on your C drive other than the Program Files (86) folder
True there are ways around the problem by turning down your User Account control. Myself I do not like that idea as you could open yourself up to other problems.

8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:49 pm

As Gary stated re Acceleration... I forgot that aspect, but there is a fix. If it is important I suggest trawling YouTube. Another point to remember, If you install FSXSE then you cannot afterwards install FSXA as that would create a conflict within the . file/folder - yourname\AppData\FSX
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam