Jet engine sound

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Jet engine sound

Postby EVVFCX » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi all,

I've had this sound related problem for a while and never found out what's causing it.
It's louder on external view, what I'm getting is the sound of a jet engine running whether or not they are and even with no ither
Aircraft there.
I have thought of changing sound files in an attempt to find out what's calling the sound file being played.

Before I do that, does anybody know right away what it could be especially if they have had same problem, does not happen when have prop aircraft loaded.

Fsx is fsx gold version.

Regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Re: Jet engine sound

Postby garymbuska » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:17 am

EVVFCX wrote:Hi all,

I've had this sound related problem for a while and never found out what's causing it.
It's louder on external view, what I'm getting is the sound of a jet engine running whether or not they are and even with no ither
Aircraft there.
I have thought of changing sound files in an attempt to find out what's calling the sound file being played.

Before I do that, does anybody know right away what it could be especially if they have had same problem, does not happen when have prop aircraft loaded.

Fsx is fsx gold version.

Regards

Steve

Does this happen with any jet aircraft or is it one specific model
I am sure you know that some aircraft have more than one livery an example is the default B737. In cases like this they all use the same aircraft cfg file and the same sound file there could be something in the sound file that could cause this sound.
The first thing I would do is to make sure the aircraft starts up in the cold and dark configuration. Or in other words nothing on at all. If you still hear it I would than try to see if this is happening with every jet aircraft in your fleet
You need to isolate this problem as it could be one of a couple things that is causing this something in the sound cfg file or some other unknown source.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby EVVFCX » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:40 am

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the tip, I'll check when her indoors lets me, I have 'flown' only one aircraft for the last 3 years because it's the nearest to what i've trained on, sure i've seen this problem before and recently had to do a full system reinstall so may have added problem back in.

Regards

Steve
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby EVVFCX » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi Gary,

'Problem' is a loud APU sound file, I've never heard a real apu running when I've been stood at the front of a 737, I'll drop it's volume down to sort it out.

cheers

Steve

EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:18 am

EVVFCX wrote:Hi Gary,

'Problem' is a loud APU sound file, I've never heard a real apu running when I've been stood at the front of a 737, I'll drop it's volume down to sort it out.

cheers

Steve

I wish I could say the same thing about never hearing a real APU but I used to work at KJAX (Jacksonville International Airport) and can tell you the worst APU I ever heard came from a L1011 which looks like a DC10 except the third engine is mounted on top of the fuselage where a DC10 third engine is suspended and goes through the vertical stabilizer or RUDDER
Trust me some of these are very loud and depending on the aircraft can be a nuisance about all you can do is to turn down the slider for engine noise.
I recently purchased a CRJ700/900 from Just Flight and the apu in it can be heard from the outside but not so much from inside the cabin.
Perhaps you can tell us which aircraft you are having the problem with. Is it a freeware or payware aircraft. A lot of payware aircraft are modeled as close as they can get to the real thing. The CRJ I purchased falls into that category
It has been modeled as close as they could get it to the real thing. Just about every part of this aircraft works just like the real thing. You have to follow precise procedures just as you would in the real thing.
Personally that is what I want the closer to the real thing the better. But not every one likes that kind of thing they want simple to operate aircraft.
I have a couple of aircraft that I have to turn down the engine noise as they are quite loud
I have a B757 and a fleet of AIRBUSES that use ROYLS ROYCE engines and when you throttle them up they sound just like the real thing. It is awesome 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby EVVFCX » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi Gary,

I've re-processed the sound file with Audacity and lowered the volume. Closest I think I've been has been under the wings and the APU was still quieter.

I'm pretty sure it had been reported before on the support : the aircraft is the Ifly 737NG and beside the C162 is the only one I've touched for the last 3 yrs, completed training in the sim nearly 2 years ago.

regards

Steve

EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:01 pm

EVVFCX wrote:Hi Gary,

I've re-processed the sound file with Audacity and lowered the volume. Closest I think I've been has been under the wings and the APU was still quieter.

I'm pretty sure it had been reported before on the support : the aircraft is the Ifly 737NG and beside the C162 is the only one I've touched for the last 3 yrs, completed training in the sim nearly 2 years ago.

regards

Steve

That is one way to solve the problem.
I do not have any aircraft from IFLY as of yet. I have payware from JUST FLIGHT Captin SIM and have a B757 and a B747 that used to be payware but is now being released as freeware.
The B757 can be found here https://www.justflight.com/product/757- ... r-freemium
you will need to set up an account but this aircraft is free and is an awesome aircraft .
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby EVVFCX » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi Gary,

Just got shock how long ago it was when I downloaded the 757 - 10th Nov 2011, I've been having too much fun :)

regards

Steve

EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam