FSX and Saitek gear problems

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX and Saitek gear problems

Postby Sir Puma » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Ok, folks, I could use some help here. I'm having problems getting all my Saitek gear to work with FSX.

Here's what I have:
Windows 10 x64
FSX (boxed Gold edition with Acceleration)
Saitek Pro-FLight yoke system with throttle set and rudder.
Saitek FIP (3)
Saitek Radio Panel
Saitek Autopilot Instrument Panel
Saitek Switch Panel
Saitek USB Throttle Quad.

I have successfully used all this before on a Windows 7 x64 system before upgrading to Win10. I know Saitek is gone but were bought out by Logitech and they are supporting this equipment. I've installed all the latest drivers I can find for the Saitek stuff but with just the drivers I can only get the yoke, rudder and throttle quads to work in the game. I've installed SPAD and FSUIPC and while FSUIPC give me greater control over configuring flight controls it doesn't work with the FIP, radio, AP or switches. With SPAD the switches work ok but the AP and radio panels display only about 10 percent of the time and I can't get the FIPs to work at all. They just sit there with their advertising images. I know some of the Saitek drivers clash with SPAD but I don't know what files I'll need to delete out of the controller drivers and what I need to keep and I have no clue how to get the FIPs working.

HALP!! :?

Sir Puma
Sir Puma
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FSX and Saitek gear problems

Postby Sir Puma » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:05 am

Update:

I purchased the updated SPAD.Next and replaced the older version of SPAD and that seems to help. The FIP functionality is mostly there, though gauge selection is odd. and while the radio panel works fine now, the AP/multi panel won't display on the panel.
Sir Puma
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sinkrate » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:07 am

I had the same problem with Saitek. Only solved by deleting all Saitek drivers using Rapr and then just installing by windows plug & play. It all then worked without any special drivers.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:10 am

I have the Cessna Flight Yoke with throttles from SAITEK which is similar to your yoke and use the MADCATZ software that came with it and have had no problems at all, And as you can see by my signature I am using Windows 10 64 bit. I think there was an update released for the software but can not remember now.
The only thing I have noticed is that when you use control J to move the jetway it will disable the controls so when you are in spot view your hat key does not work. Of course all I have to do is to change the key assignment to some other key and that would solve the problem but it is not that big of a deal I just click on the options tab and then select controls and click in the appropriate box. Although I have to admit I do not see why control J would disable the controls I do not recall a key stroke for that but have never really looked. I just automatically turn it back on when I use the jetways. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Sir Puma » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:35 pm

It's not the yoke, rudder or throttles that are the problem, it's the FIP, Radio and multi panel that are the problem. The newest SPAD got it all working, sort of. The FIPs work ok, but functionality of the actual instrument through the FIP (like adjusting heading bugs or ILS bugs don't work right). The radio works fine, if I unplug it and plug it back in now and then. Switch Panel works fine. The multi panel is weird. It will either have all the knobs and buttons work fine manipulating the stuff in game with the instrument display not working, or the display will work but the buttons and knobs don't.
Sir Puma
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby fackprod » Fri May 25, 2018 2:32 am

Interested in communicating with anyone that has successfully connected Saitek multi panel radio and switch panel to FSX SE with PDMG 747 Queen of the Skies. Ca n get ZFIPs to work with SPAD NEXT regd version but zilch with pandls.
Thzznks
fackprod@gmail.com
fackprod
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Canuck1955 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 pm

One tip, the Switch panel will not tolerate USB3 nor can you connect through a Powered Hub. It must be connected directly into a USB2 port ON the PC.

Second tip, avoid Saitek software. Always use SPAD.

Otherwise Saitek stuff is generally a case of you get what you pay for, low quality components and flaky implementation. Is it improved now that Logitech have taken them over? I doubt it.

This chap has excellent Saitek (and other stuff) info https://flightsimeindhoven.com/category ... ek-panels/
Be sure to scroll down.

You may need to resort to a translator from Dutch but much is in English.

Another thing, I am about to explore more is Linda software - there is much about this at the link above.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sir Puma » Fri May 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Canuck1955 wrote:One tip, the Switch panel will not tolerate USB3 nor can you connect through a Powered Hub. It must be connected directly into a USB2 port ON the PC.

Second tip, avoid Saitek software. Always use SPAD.

Otherwise Saitek stuff is generally a case of you get what you pay for, low quality components and flaky implementation. Is it improved now that Logitech have taken them over? I doubt it.

This chap has excellent Saitek (and other stuff) info https://flightsimeindhoven.com/category ... ek-panels/
Be sure to scroll down.

You may need to resort to a translator from Dutch but much is in English.

Another thing, I am about to explore more is Linda software - there is much about this at the link above.

I was able to actually get all my stuff working and I run all of my gear on USB 3 and I run my yoke and rudders through a powered hub as well as my additional throttle quad. I posted on the SPAD.neXt forum how I was able to work through the problems. Most of my issues were actual assignment conflicts between SPAD and FSX.
Sir Puma
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam