Postby garymbuska » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 am

Gringo6 wrote:I have FSX and acceleration on my machine which uses
Windows 8.2.

It stops running after a few minutes and gives me the
standard error message.

Is there a fix, short of doing a complete un-install and
starting over ?

What is the error message?
when you start up FSX do you see multiplayer in the main menu? If you do not see Multiplayer in the main menu FSX has not been activated or an update to windows has deactivated it. I had that happen to me.
The other thing is did you activate ACCELERATION. The last time I tried to install Acceleration I never got the chance to activate it and FSX got deactivated. I finally wound up not installing Acceleration and installed the two service packs that are part of Acceleration. That is how I am currently running FSX today.
One other thing you can do is to check the event manager it will tell you exactly what happened you will find that under ADMINISTRATION TOOLS IN THE CONTROL PANEL
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: FSX stops running - Is it fixable ?

Postby B0ikat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Without further information, if it's a crash-to-desktop, have you installed the UIautomationcore.dll fix?

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=15&y=14
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: FSX stops running - Is it fixable ?

Postby garymbuska » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:04 am

B0ikat wrote:Without further information, if it's a crash-to-desktop, have you installed the UIautomationcore.dll fix?

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=15&y=14

Strange thing about this I was running FSX without UIautomationcore.dll and it never crashed once. I was having some other issues that could have been caused by not having it.
However once I discovered I did not have it I went ahead and put it where it belongs in the root folder of FSX
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam