Looking for a Airport

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Looking for a Airport

Postby garymbuska » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:40 am

Does anyone know where I can find LXGB GIBRALTAR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ?
I am hoping to find one that is more accurate than the default version I hoping to find one that actually has the Road that crosses it. Now I doubt if actual traffic will use this road and stop whenever a plane is landing or taking off like it does in the real world. Here is a link that shows the road crossing the runway https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibraltar ... norama.jpg

Lately I have been flying to some of the hardest places to land or take off from and it has been a real trip most of these airports do not have control towers or ILS runways and some are in the middle of mountains which makes the hard to find and hard to land or take off from. If you want to test your skills as a pilot you need to fly to some of these airports.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Looking for a Airport

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:58 am

All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Re: Looking for a Airport

Postby garymbuska » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:53 am

Shadowcaster wrote:Here's a couple to be going on with.

Payware Aerosoft
http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/fligh ... ibraltar-x

Freeware
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ategoryId=

Cheers
Rich

Thanks I spotted the missions link but I am not much on missions as some do not work very well. but I will look into the payware and check to see if any one else offers it as well
Some of the most dangerous airports are as follows in no order
MHTG TONCONTIN INTERNATIONAL in Hondoras
LPMA MADERIA This is an Island
LFIJ COURCHEVAL in France
ENSD ANDA in Norway
TNCM PRINCES JULIANA INTERNATIONAL This airport is very hard to land a HEAVY aircraft like a B747 or A340
I most warn you this runway is not that long and very close to the Beach on one end and Mountains on the other . In the real world people flock to this beach just to watch the air traffic and some have been killed by the jet blast from a aircraft taking off.
You have to make a low and slow approach and touch down in the right place or you will run out of runway in a hurry.
First time I tried this I wound up in the ocean the second time I nailed it perfectly stopping with about 100 feet or so of runway left
I used a A340-400 Airbus using full flaps and approaching at 185 mph
Oh by the way look out for the fence at the beach end of the runway it is not that far form the runway.
These are only a few I have been creating flight plans from another airport not to far and flying to these airports using the aircraft that is actually used in the real world
So far this has been a blast and a real challenge
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam