maule m7 260c

FSX including FSX Steam version.

maule m7 260c

Postby yancovitch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:32 pm

multiple objects with the same name......can't find the duplicate.....this happened on my old computer too.....someone showed me a fix but i forgot.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: maule m7 260c

Postby garymbuska » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:06 am

yancovitch wrote:multiple objects with the same name......can't find the duplicate.....this happened on my old computer too.....someone showed me a fix but i forgot.....

Not quite sure what you are talking about but if you have multiple copies of a file they are easy to spot as the copies will have a number in parenthesis at the end EXAMPLE Maule(1) Maule(2) Maule(3) and so on
the easy way to find these since you are not sure what folder they sre in is to use the search function of windows. Just enter the name of the folder You do not need to enter the complete name but the more letters you use the less files it will find.
EXAMPLE if you have multiple copies of MAULE if you search for MA it will list every file that starts wit MA and it makes a difference as to case Capital or not they have to match exactly to be found Just look in you C drive unless like myself you have more than one drive you may have to look in all of them to find what you are looking for.
Hope this helps
If not please be more specific as to what your problem is.
Once you find the duplicates you have to decide which one you want to keep than delete the others and remove the number in parenthesis Just make sure there is no other file with that name as you can not have more than one file with a given name which is why Windows appended the number behind them other wise it would have crashed when you tried to save the file. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:56 am

thanks for response................multiple objects with the same title name...maule m7 250c............i can't find the copy with the exact same name.....windows search cortana or whatever....shows nothing ..seems almost useless in finding anything in my computer.....
my game fsx search shows quite a few.....but still i don't know how to find it......oh...ha....checked the properties of the two names based in fsx steamapps...comon........., and one is a file folder.....and the other which is in the panel folder, is a cabinet file......should i just delete this file?
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:10 pm

yancovitch wrote:thanks for response................multiple objects with the same title name...maule m7 250c............i can't find the copy with the exact same name.....windows search cortana or whatever....shows nothing ..seems almost useless in finding anything in my computer.....
my game fsx search shows quite a few.....but still i don't know how to find it......oh...ha....checked the properties of the two names based in fsx steamapps...comon........., and one is a file folder.....and the other which is in the panel folder, is a cabinet file......should i just delete this file?

Windows Search won't find it. The error is usually caused by incorrect Aircraft.cfg entries for repaints you have installed.
All variations of the aircraft MUST have a different title= name.
In this instance you need to check the [fltsim.X] entries of any repaints you have installed to the default Maule_M7_260C for duplicate title= entries.
Simply changing this entry by adding one digit will usually fix the problem. Alternatively you could delete the offending variation from Aircraft.cfg.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Got it!............just added paint 6 to the last entry without a paint number......although i thought that one was the original and didn't have to have a paint number.....but it works.....actually it's kind of a neat little plane ...never paid it any attention before :)
yancovitch
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam