Changing ATC

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Changing ATC

Postby gordie3640 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:44 am

I like the extra realism of flying under ATC. However, it limits options. For instance, every time I fly my Learjet out of Kenosha, ATC uses only runway 6 left. With 2 long runways. I should have 4 choices. a little variety would be nice. When I fly into Milwaukee, it is always 1 left. There are several other options there. Is there any way I can change the active runway?
gordie3640
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Changing ATC

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:22 pm

gordie3640 wrote:I like the extra realism of flying under ATC. However, it limits options. For instance, every time I fly my Learjet out of Kenosha, ATC uses only runway 6 left. With 2 long runways. I should have 4 choices. a little variety would be nice. When I fly into Milwaukee, it is always 1 left. There are several other options there. Is there any way I can change the active runway?

It is the direction of the wind that determines what runway is used. If you are using the fair weather scheme than this is what you will get. You should at least use real world weather even though it is not all that accurate.
There are several different programs out there that will depict the weather that is at every airport and way point in your flight plan so you can depart under clear skies than fly into or over a thunderstorm and land in a blizzard during the winter
one of these companies that make a weather program is called HIFI here is a link http://hifisimtech.com/?title=Welcome%20To%20HiFi
there latest product is called Active Sky 2016 OR AS2016 there is a AS2016 cloud art as well which gives you some real looking clouds. It is awesome the clouds look so realistic and the weather changes just as if you were flying in the real world. I have been using a version of Active for he last 5 years or so and as far as I am concerned there is nothing that beats it. You have complete control over the weather from how much clouds you see there thickness and turbulence
I have mine set up so that the clouds are shown in the distance just as you would see them in the real world so clouds do not just pop up out of nowhere 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Changing ATC

Postby Azframer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:14 pm

gordie3640 wrote:I like the extra realism of flying under ATC. However, it limits options. For instance, every time I fly my Learjet out of Kenosha, ATC uses only runway 6 left. With 2 long runways. I should have 4 choices. a little variety would be nice. When I fly into Milwaukee, it is always 1 left. There are several other options there. Is there any way I can change the active runway?

After ATC gives you an assigned approach you can request another runway, I have done it several times when flying a heavy and they give me the shorter runway into Atlanta. Look for it after they assign you to a runway. I usually get a message back for a side step to the longer choice I am wanting.
If you don't want to land on a runway you can ask for one with a more favorable to the wind direction too.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam