Really getting confused

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Really getting confused

Postby Roin84 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:43 am

Hello; I am really getting confused and frustrated with FSX Deluxe, I installed it in the default drive and downloaded SP1 & SP2 installed them and they seemed to work. I downloaded some Fsx aircraft 2 worked and 2 didn't show up and the program would stop and windows closed it down. I decided to do a complete uninstall and that worked fine nothing left in the hd. Read up on how to do a clean reinstall and as per recommendation put it in C:/FSX and as an adminstrator, everything seemed to work so I thought try some aircraft, downloaded 2 opensky 777's and 2 cessena 150's the jets didnt show up and the cessanas did. I checked the aircraft.cfg's and they seemed ok. I have my o/s as windows 10. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please. R :?: :?:
Roin84
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Really getting confused

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:20 am

Roin84 wrote:Hello; I am really getting confused and frustrated with FSX Deluxe, I installed it in the default drive and downloaded SP1 & SP2 installed them and they seemed to work. I downloaded some Fsx aircraft 2 worked and 2 didn't show up and the program would stop and windows closed it down. I decided to do a complete uninstall and that worked fine nothing left in the hd. Read up on how to do a clean reinstall and as per recommendation put it in C:/FSX and as an adminstrator, everything seemed to work so I thought try some aircraft, downloaded 2 opensky 777's and 2 cessena 150's the jets didnt show up and the cessanas did. I checked the aircraft.cfg's and they seemed ok. I have my o/s as windows 10. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please. R :?: :?:

Sorry for the late reply I just read this post. First things first. When you open the select aircraft menu if you look down at the very bottom and almost in the middle of the page you will see a box that states show all variations by default this box is not checked so you have to check it 90% of the time this is why you do not see some newly installed aircraft. The reason why you see the Cessna is because there is a default Cessna and it put them in the same variation there are no default 777's so unless you check that box it will not show up. That is just the way FS works.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam