Jetstar A320 GPWS help

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Jetstar A320 GPWS help

Postby b787 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:06 am

Hi everyone,

I've recently installed the Jetstar A320 add-on; https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=20&y=10

I'm having troubles with the GPWS.

I have no issues with the aircraft, however whenever on approach, the 'don't sink' warning will continually chime. Gear is down, flaps down etc, but have I missed something that needs to be done in order for it to be in 'landing mode'?. It seems to be as though it isn't in the correct landing configuration. I have tried everything I can think of, however not having any luck.

It's either that it isn't in the correct configuration, or I've missed something simple. I'm hoping that once this problem is solved, the GPWS readouts will start reading the heights on approach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as It's a great aircraft to fly.

Cheers.
b787
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Jetstar A320 GPWS help

Postby slimcooper2002 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:59 am

I could be mistaken, but I think if your rate of descent is too fast it will say "don't sink" even with full flaps and gear down. But if you're on the glide slope I don't know why it would say that.
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:08 am

Hi and welcome :)

See this from our FAQ

https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&t=173677
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby b787 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:50 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses.

I have located the file aircraft.cfg file however I cannot access it to make the adjustments. Any ideas?
Also, the chime is activated even on a normal glide path. The only time it won't chime is if my descent rate is say less than 300f per minute.

Thanks again
b787
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:35 am

That is because the FSX folder and files are protected by default. Easy to edit it outside the FSX directory. Copy the file to a place outside your main FSX folder - edit it - rename the original aircraft.cfg file in the FSX folder to something like aircraft1.cfg (this provides a backup of the original) - then copy the edited version back into the aircraft folder.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam