Surprise

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Surprise

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:18 am

I flew to Mexico city for the first time the other day and was on final approach the weather was pretty bad rainy and cloudy I was making an ILS approach everything was going well until about 300 yards away I broke out of the clouds and was surprised to see a hotel staring me in the face. Thank god I managed to miss it but I thank I scared the you know what out of the guy on the roof. I think I only cleared the top by about 2 or three feet. I hope this is not there in the real world. This is right in the flight path to that runway and only about 150 yards from the end of the runway. Now mind you this is default scenery and have never been to Mexico City in the real world. Can any one tell me if this hotel is really that close to the end of the runway. One thing for sure I would not want to stay there.
I know even in the real world you can find all kinds of things that are close to a runway Trees Radio and TV towers but Hotels really!!!
I remember seeing a TV program where people hold on to a fence that is close to the end of a runway and get blown vertical by the jet blast which is crazy. Something I would not do for sure and of course someone winds up getting injured by flying debris.
That is just crazy to do something like that :shock:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Surprise

Postby Sinkrate » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:28 am

Just the usual selection of pesky trees and buildings on mine - also default scenery.

Can you post a screenshot of it?
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:42 am

Pilot Gary,,,,

Your in Clear Violation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, of the Noise Abatement Agreement program !!

Violation : 1477-9-28-C Section : 2.4-27-C8

Several Complaints have already been filed and you will be hearing from us, the Flight Inspector investigators shortly !

We know who you are, where you live, what you look like, right down to the size socks ya' wear !!!

Your in clear Violation Sir ,,,,,,,,,

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:25 am

garymbuska wrote:I flew to Mexico city for the first time the other day and was on final approach the weather was pretty bad rainy and cloudy I was making an ILS approach everything was going well until about 300 yards away I broke out of the clouds and was surprised to see a hotel staring me in the face. Thank god I managed to miss it but I thank I scared the you know what out of the guy on the roof. I think I only cleared the top by about 2 or three feet. I hope this is not there in the real world. This is right in the flight path to that runway and only about 150 yards from the end of the runway. Now mind you this is default scenery and have never been to Mexico City in the real world. Can any one tell me if this hotel is really that close to the end of the runway. One thing for sure I would not want to stay there.
I know even in the real world you can find all kinds of things that are close to a runway Trees Radio and TV towers but Hotels really!!!

The default scenery is not particularly accurate. I daresay this building is Autogen scenery.

I remember seeing a TV program where people hold on to a fence that is close to the end of a runway and get blown vertical by the jet blast which is crazy. Something I would not do for sure and of course someone winds up getting injured by flying debris.
That is just crazy to do something like that :shock:

Indeed. That would have been Princess Juliana Airport on the island of St Maarten. Only last week a woman was killed doing just that.
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/st-maarten-airport-tourist-killed-jet-blast-dangerous-princess-juliana-maho-beach-selfies-a7838561.html

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:36 am

HELLO the México City Intl Airport does comply with International specs & laws. The problema here is the altitude over sea level :think:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:52 am

Sinkrate wrote:Just the usual selection of pesky trees and buildings on mine - also default scenery.

Can you post a screenshot of it?

Not quite sure how to post a screen shot I see the link that says upload image but than I do not know how to access it.
I want to say that this was at the end of runway 5L and it might just be an office building. I checked Google Earth and there is nothing there but low lying buildings and they do not interfere in any way with the approach
I think this is a product of Autogen and if I am correct that can differ from system to system because it depends on what each user has for scenery but I could be wrong on that
I think Autgen is created from what you have for scenery it randomly puts scenery in areas depending on where your sliders are set. I usually keep Autogen set at about the middle. The more Auto gen you create the slower the frame rates I think that is true. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 am

Jetranger wrote:Pilot Gary,,,,

Your in Clear Violation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, of the Noise Abatement Agreement program !!

Violation : 1477-9-28-C Section : 2.4-27-C8

Several Complaints have already been filed and you will be hearing from us, the Flight Inspector investigators shortly !

We know who you are, where you live, what you look like, right down to the size socks ya' wear !!!

Your in clear Violation Sir ,,,,,,,,,

I plead guilty and promise not to do it again :whistle: :naughty: :twisted:
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:07 am

I've always understood that the FS default Autogen scenery consists of randomly placed generic objects. I wouldn't expect it to bear much resemblance to the real life area.

Approach to FSX default Mexico City with Autogen density setting at Dense

With Autogen density at None

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Hagar wrote:I've always understood that the FS default Autogen scenery consists of randomly placed generic objects. I wouldn't expect it to bear much resemblance to the real life area.

Approach to FSX default Mexico City with Autogen density setting at Dense

With Autogen density at None

That is it except the building was right in line with the runway 'I have all of my sliders set to max except for ships and ferries I have them turned all the way down . My preference I do not care about seeing ships or boats
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam