Strange thing

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Strange thing

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:56 am

I flew my first flight from LFPG Charles De Gaulle Airport and had an unusual event take place. It was night time and I had pushed back and turned on the progressive taxi but for some strange reason it kept disappearing I had to use spot mode and look at the plane from the front to the back in order to see the progressive taxi line. I have never had this problem anywhere else so it has to be something to do with the airport. This is a stock airport and nothing has been changed. I have not added any thing other than a few flight plans so I doubt if something changed it without my knowledge. Now mind you this is not that big of a deal as I always copy down the taxi instructions and use FSMAP which brings up the map of the airport I am at and by zooming in I can see all of the taxi way letters and runway numbers so I am still able to get to where I need to go.
Just curios if any one else has had this problem at this airport and what might be causing it. Now the aircraft I am using is a PAYWARE A340-400 from Just Flight a package called AIRBUS LONG HAUL COLLECTION which has three different models of the airbus and a ton of different liveries.
Any ideas as to what might be causing this? :?:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: Strange thing

Postby Sinkrate » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:55 am

Have you tried it with other aircraft?
Is it the same in daylight?
Where did you start from at airport?

I’ve tried it at night in the standard Cessna and had no problems, apart from bogus “hold” instructions for traffic that wasn’t there!
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:59 am

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:34 am

Hagar might be on to something; I just tried it with DX10 preview turned on and got the blinking progressive taxi signs that you describe. Mind you, DX10 messes up a lot of other things as well. I have Win 10 and normally run FSX without DX10.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:11 pm

I have not tried it during the day nor with another aircraft. I did wonder if the night textures for the airport might be the issue. The crazy thing about it is you see it initially then it disappears and the only way you can see it is from spot view looking from the front of the plane to the back.
I have tried two different start locations and was taxing to two different runways and got the same effect. I do not fly a lot of international flights and have been in more airports than you can shake a stick at in the USA. Big medium and large both day and night and never had this problem before. It sounds like some kind of night texture problem to me I will try a few other airports in France and see what I get.
The article you posted sounds like the same problem I am having with the exception that I do not have the preview DX10 box checked. :think:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:17 pm

garymbuska wrote:The article you posted sounds like the same problem I am having with the exception that I do not have the preview DX10 box checked. :think:

Why not try it? It apparently works without the preview enabled. The fix is posted here at SimV.
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=shader_release_v3.2.3.zip&x=18&y=12

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Hagar wrote:
garymbuska wrote:The article you posted sounds like the same problem I am having with the exception that I do not have the preview DX10 box checked. :think:

Why not try it? It apparently works without the preview enabled. The fix is posted here at SimV.
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=shader_release_v3.2.3.zip&x=18&y=12

thanks I will give it a shot what do I have to lose, 8-)
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:16 pm

It looks a tad complicated. Make sure you read the instructions carefully. I wouldn't wish to be responsible for messing up your FSX. :o

Is it really that important? Might be best to leave well alone. :|

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:21 am

Hagar wrote:It looks a tad complicated. Make sure you read the instructions carefully. I wouldn't wish to be responsible for messing up your FSX. :o

Is it really that important? Might be best to leave well alone. :|

I discovered that this does not happen during daytime And like you stated after I downloaded the file I completely agree so I left it alone.
I am not sure what is causing this event but I am not going to worry about it. I will just keep doing what I have always done with FSMAP I can find my way around any airport in FSX or FS9
Thanks Hagar
8-)
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:25 pm

No problem. :)

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam