B-52 add on effects

FSX including FSX Steam version.

B-52 add on effects

Postby Saucey12 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Hey guys does anyone else have Philippe Wallaert's B-52G downloaded from this site? I have it and everything is fine but i noticed there was some fixes for the alphaism creation that enable there to show smoke effects on that aircraft. I downloaded and installed it (even though there were no read me instructions on the fix) into the "effects" folder of fsx and nothing happened. I just want to connect with someone on here who also has this aircraft and get their input.
Thanks a bunch!
"
Saucey12
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: B-52 add on effects

Postby garymbuska » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:42 am

Saucey12 wrote:Hey guys does anyone else have Philippe Wallaert's B-52G downloaded from this site? I have it and everything is fine but i noticed there was some fixes for the alphaism creation that enable there to show smoke effects on that aircraft. I downloaded and installed it (even though there were no read me instructions on the fix) into the "effects" folder of fsx and nothing happened. I just want to connect with someone on here who also has this aircraft and get their input.
Thanks a bunch!
"

I do not have this aircraft but
Did you make an entry in the aircraft cfg file see example
[EFFECTS]
wake=fx_wake
water=fx_spray
dirt=fx_tchdrt
concrete=fx_sparks
touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1

Without this entry nothing will happen
be sure to insert the correct names of the appropriate files
there may be an entry for smoke as well
perhaps
smoke=fx_smoke
but not sure

8-) <<t
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Saucey12 wrote:.......... i noticed there was some fixes for the alphaism creation that enable there to show smoke effects on that aircraft. I downloaded and installed it (even though there were no read me instructions on the fix) into the "effects" folder of fsx and nothing happened.

It would help to know where you downloaded this fix. (I can't find it on a search.) Then someone can download it & check it out for you.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Saucey12 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Hagar wrote:
Saucey12 wrote:.......... i noticed there was some fixes for the alphaism creation that enable there to show smoke effects on that aircraft. I downloaded and installed it (even though there were no read me instructions on the fix) into the "effects" folder of fsx and nothing happened.

It would help to know where you downloaded this fix. (I can't find it on a search.) Then someone can download it & check it out for you.

Yes here are the two downloads that I have. One is the aircraft:

FSX Boeing B52G package (Category: FSX > Military)
Zip file preview
25.86Mb (11135 downloads)
This old lady (62 years!) is still in service and has no real competitor. The B52G was an evolution with the wing redesigned and new engines. Original model by Alphasim. Adaptation to FSX, VC modification, panels and gauges including GPWS callout by Philippe Wallaert. See readme.txt file for installation and configuration. Credit to Alphasim for the original and very nice aircraft.
Posted Aug 29, 2014 11:37 by Philippe Wallaert

And this the smoke fix add-on that I also downloaded:

Boeing B-52G and B-52H Stratofortress Package (Category: FSX > Military)
Zip file preview
15.43Mb (23479 downloads)
Alphasim freeware B-52 Stratofortress complete aircraft package. I have fixed the missing VC textures in FSX and engine smoke position. Added thumbnails and edited the Bare metal textures. Fixed a few gauge issues.
Sound fix
Posted Oct 17, 2012 23:23 by Steve Hess

Do you even think the two are compatible?

Thanks,
Jason
Saucey12
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:58 am

Saucey12 wrote:Do you even think the two are compatible?

Thanks,
Jason

I don't see why not as they both seem to be based on the Alphasim FS9 original. Probably a simple tweak. Some FS9 effects work differently in FSX.

I'll check this out later.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Saucey12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am

Hagar wrote:
Saucey12 wrote:Do you even think the two are compatible?

Thanks,
Jason

I don't see why not as they both seem to be based on the Alphasim FS9 original. Probably a simple tweak. Some FS9 effects work differently in FSX.

I'll check this out later.

Thanks ill let you know if i get it. Havent had a lot of time to play with it lately.
Saucey12
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Saucey12 wrote:Yes here are the two downloads that I have. One is the aircraft:

Zip file preview
This old lady (62 years!) is still in service and has no real competitor. The B52G was an evolution with the wing redesigned and new engines. Original model by Alphasim. Adaptation to FSX, VC modification, panels and gauges including GPWS callout by Philippe Wallaert. See readme.txt file for installation and configuration. Credit to Alphasim for the original and very nice aircraft.

This one works "straight out of the box" for me. Press the I key for engine smoke.

Is this what you wanted?

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Saucey12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Hagar wrote:
Saucey12 wrote:Yes here are the two downloads that I have. One is the aircraft:

Zip file preview

This one works "straight out of the box" for me. Press the I key for engine smoke.

Is this what you wanted?

wow.. yes sir that is it. the older ones left a little faint black trial like that. Thanks !
Saucey12
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam