PROBLEMS WITH ACCELERATION

FSX including FSX Steam version.

PROBLEMS WITH ACCELERATION

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:40 am

I may have posted this before if so I apologize but I am still puzzled as to why ACCELERATION will not activate after installing.
A while back I had to uninstall FSX and Acceleration. after making sure there was no folders or files left form either program I than proceeded to reinstall FSX GOLD EDTITION
I first installed FSX and activated it with no problem after running it and setting up the basics I than proceeded to install Acceleration But what happened was after Acceleration installed it never asked me to activate it and than I discovered it deactivated FSX. My only solution was to uninstall Acceleration and FSX and than reinstall FSX I than downloaded SP1 and SP2 and installed as of this post that is how I am running FSX.
Of course I have gone through several Window 10 updates including the Creator update which deactivated FSX AGAIN forcing another uninstall and reinstall.
Has any one had this problem and is there a way to get Acceleration to activate??? :think: :think:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Re: PROBLEMS WITH ACCELERATION

Postby Sinkrate » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:30 am

I seem to remember some people having problems installing Acceleration with SP 1&2 already applied. I think the solution was to remove SP1&2 and install Acceleration on to the “bare bones” FSX. Never tried Acceleration myself, so cannot comment from first hand experience. Is it worth bothering with?
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:39 am

Sinkrate wrote:I seem to remember some people having problems installing Acceleration with SP 1&2 already applied. I think the solution was to remove SP1&2 and install Acceleration on to the “bare bones” FSX. Never tried Acceleration myself, so cannot comment from first hand experience. Is it worth bothering with?

thanks for the reply
But that is exactly what I had done. You have to install FSX first and run it at least one time before you can install Acceleration. I never had a problem until Windows 10 updated . Acceleration installs but it will not allow you to activate it
and than in deactivates FSX. I have not been able to solve this problem.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Sinkrate » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:15 am

I found this relating to Acceleration on Win 10 - registry error:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthre ... celeration

Could it be worth a try?
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks Sinkrate
I have to admit I am just a little Leary as the solution has to do with correcting a registry entry I just do not feel comfortable messing with the registry do some thing wrong and you have a problem.
I think I will leave things just the way they are. To quote an old saying don't fix something that is not broke. FSX is working with no problems and it really does not need Acceleration at all.
Acceleration was originally released as a separate disk and was something you did not have to have. When I made the switch from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS I had no choice but to buy FSX GOLD as the deluxe version would not install in Windows 10 64 bit. I Had no problems until an update changed something
I know there were some problems with some older versions of software that would no longer install because Microsoft no longer supported the way the program installed
A good example I have the PMDG B737-300/B737-400 That in order for me to install it I have to run windows 10 in safe mode. I had a B727 put out by Captain SIM that would not install at all and Captain Sim had to give me a separate disk as Microsoft had removed the service that the other disk needed to install.
This is just some of the problems switching to Windows 10 causes. But sooner or later everyone will have to go to Windows 10 as Microsoft will stop supporting all other versions of Windows leaving your system vulnerable to spam and viruses . Your only other solution is a MACK or do not go on the internet as long as you stay off the internet you will not have any issues.
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam