fsx disc

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: fsx disc

Postby garymbuska » Mon May 08, 2017 8:56 am

yancovitch wrote:ok...got fsx steam working....in E...... program files x86....steam.........
don't know how to install orbx pnw in the proper place....would need some detailed direction......i checked the directions on orbx forum plus video.....didn't help....have purple icon ftx central 3 on desk top.......

All you have to do is to point it in the correct folder which in your case would be on your E drive/ProgramFiles(86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/FSX
This should be correct
This is what I had to do when I installed some payware to FSX STEAM
This is the only way to get it to run correctly You just cannot click and drag the files over as that will not work.
Any thing that has to be installed has to be installed in the correct folder in most cases the default location will work but with Windows 10 you have to pay attention otherwise it will wind up in the wrong place.
I know others have turned down their UAC and have not had any problems but I just do not trust it. I think sooner or later there will be an issue.
I mean there is a reason why Microsoft locked down the programsfile(86) folder that we are not aware of. Turning down the UAC may work at first but I honestly think that this will create a problem down the line and cause some major issues.
To me it is just easier to leave things alone and install things in a different location. You know the old saying if it is not broke do not fix it.
<<u 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Mon May 08, 2017 9:55 pm

downloaded pnw for steam as you said, and it didn't work.....you can see what happened ......and i have no idea how to uninstall.....

Last edited by yancovitch on Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby OldAirmail » Mon May 08, 2017 10:01 pm

What do they say on the Steam forums? You can't be the only one having problems.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Mon May 08, 2017 11:35 pm

steam was ok.....the orbx was the problem....guess i'll just shift my focus to those forums now...........it's just that this is my home away from home :D
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 am

anyways, i managed to get a boxed version...good enough for me...forgetting about steam etc.....i'm too old for all the complications :D thanks mucho
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Tue May 09, 2017 6:18 pm

ah what the heck ...i gave it another try..i hate failing....and i may have got it working by letting orbx pnw steam install without me entering a installation path......though the plane is bouncing around like in a hurricane......any ideas? ....gads... i'm so emotionally immature..... ahhh....it was my controller setting....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Wed May 10, 2017 1:24 am

But, did you create the proper registry using TweakFS Registry Utility?

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... FS&x=0&y=0
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby yancovitch » Wed May 10, 2017 12:14 pm

no i didn't......haha...i was going to pm you to save myself further embarrassment :lol: .......but there may be other simple minds who might benefit from the info..... fsx is working, and i think orbx pnw......i've been away so long i can't remember what things looked like.....so do i just put the ini file into fsx folder?...or?
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Wed May 10, 2017 1:12 pm

With Steam files there is no uninstall per say. When you buy a new game from steam it will be downloaded when you connect to steam automatically. If you have a game you no longer want all you have to do is to go to the steam folder than under steamapps than under common and simply delete the folder for the game you no longer want. I have a couple of games on steam I no longer play and that is what I did. you can always re down load it any time you want.
that is one of the advantages with steam games. 8-) <<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Wed May 10, 2017 2:34 pm

[url]so do i just put the ini file from fsx tweeks into fsx folder?...or?[/url] wondering about this..
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Wed May 10, 2017 11:51 pm

no need to respond... as i'm dumping steam and going back to cd's.....when they arrive (found new ones)......sim seemed to be working, but when i turned on this evening, the 2 frames per second came back.....signed exhausted....thanks again for all the support......
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby OldAirmail » Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 pm

The troubles that you're having are certainly interesting.

Somehow I think that there must be something odd going on in your new computer.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Thu May 11, 2017 7:28 pm

could be, but i checked the cpu with cpuid, and it's fine.....used c-cleaner to tidy up, and will start fresh when i get my new fsx deluxe in the mail.....then to go through the whole installation process....and i can install all my old favorite planes which likely won't work in steam.....
i missed the refund, cause they thought i was using it to play, when i was using it to raise my blood pressure :D ....too bad i can't pass it on to someone....who knows maybe one day it will come into use.....but i don't have that many one days left haha....hmmm...wonder how old fozzer is ..........regretfully i'm an artist and musician type, and a bit compromised when it comes to computers so it takes alot to get things going.........but i'm optimistic......
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri May 12, 2017 3:10 am

yancovitch wrote:could be, but i checked the cpu with cpuid, and it's fine.....used c-cleaner to tidy up, and will start fresh when i get my new fsx deluxe in the mail.....then to go through the whole installation process....and i can install all my old favourite planes which likely won't work in steam.....
i missed the refund, cause they thought i was using it to play, when i was using it to raise my blood pressure :D ....too bad i can't pass it on to someone....who knows maybe one day it will come into use.....but i don't have that many one days left haha....hmmm...wonder how old fozzer is ..........regretfully I'm an artist and musician type, and a bit compromised when it comes to computers so it takes a lot to get things going.........but I'm optimistic......

...never fear Yan.....

...still here....finding nice things to do!.... ;) ...!

What I find now...If something is not working properly, and giving me grief, I find something else to do!..... :D ...!

I reckon life is far too short to risk suffering a heart attack pretending to fly aeroplanes in a children's* computer game, and failing dismally for all sorts of reasons.... :evil: ....!

(My copy of Flight Sim, and my computer, is going very well!)... :dance: ...!

My recommendation, as always, is to take up something like; "Fly Fishing", instead.... :whistle: ....!

Far less stressful, and you get to go out into the open air!

Me?...touring the countryside at zero altitude on my Motorcycles.... :D ...!

Take care, Yan!... ;) ...!

Paul..... :lol: .... :lol: ...!

* Which is what we all are.... ;) ... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Fri May 12, 2017 8:58 am

yep fozzer....taking a rest and working on my large model ship now ...will just bathe in the waters of fsx less frequently...no more gritting my teeth.....ha...but you never mentioned your age:)....i know it's something you don't ask a lady.....but.....
still riding your bike too?...i would like to get another one..been quite awhile.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam