ATC Callsigns

FSX including FSX Steam version.

ATC Callsigns

Postby Shane Stachwick » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi guys!

I know it's been a while since I posted in the forums. I was taking a break from simming for a while, but I'm back! Anyway, I recently got a BEAUTIFUL Pan Am repaint for the default Boeing 747-400. There's only one problem with it: the ATC callsign is "Pan Am", instead of the correct "Clipper". I edited the ATC Airline field in the aircraft's .CFG file to reflect this, but now the ATC won't say a callsign at all. Does anyone know a potential fix?
Shane Stachwick
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: ATC Callsigns

Postby garymbuska » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:08 am

Do you have Edit Voice Pack installed?
This might help the problem.
When you select the aircraft have you clicked on details and tried to change the call sign there.
If all you have is the standard FSX not sure if clipper is in the list. That just like the call sign SPEEDBIRD
I had to install EDITVOICEPACK for fsx in order to get that.
Below is the link

http://editvoicepack.com/

8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Shane Stachwick » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 pm

I have EditVoicePack, but I can't seem to get it to work with FSX Steam. I have both the boxed and Steam versions, and it only seems to work on the boxed one.
Shane Stachwick
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:58 am

Shane Stachwick wrote:I have EditVoicePack, but I can't seem to get it to work with FSX Steam. I have both the boxed and Steam versions, and it only seems to work on the boxed one.

The problem there is more than likely where the steam version is. I use Active Sky Evoloution for FSX and FSX Steam but had to point the installer to the correct folder. I am not sure if edit voice pack will look for the steam version, but if you can point it to the correct place it should work. I have not tried that
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Shane Stachwick » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 pm

garymbuska wrote:The problem there is more than likely where the steam version is. I use Active Sky Evoloution for FSX and FSX Steam but had to point the installer to the correct folder. I am not sure if edit voice pack will look for the steam version, but if you can point it to the correct place it should work. I have not tried that
8-)

It won't allow me to switch the directory it updates. It' permanently fixed to the boxed install. Funny thing is that I acutually went to the boxed install, copied the .GVP file or whatever it is, and replaced the old one in my Steam Install. STILL no result. I seriously have no idea what to do now.

And what the heck does "export" do anyway? From what I've seen it just creates a single audio file in an obscure file format that none of the sim's modules can make sense of. Utterly useless for my purposes.

:x :?: :evil:

EDIT/UPDATE: It turns out that you have to use the BASIC interface to select new installations, NOT the advanced one. That's a design flaw if ever there was one. Still haven't tested it to figure out if the problem is solved.

UPDATE: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!1 : :D :D :D :D :D D
Shane Stachwick
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Mon May 01, 2017 8:38 am

Shane Stachwick wrote:
garymbuska wrote:The problem there is more than likely where the steam version is. I use Active Sky Evoloution for FSX and FSX Steam but had to point the installer to the correct folder. I am not sure if edit voice pack will look for the steam version, but if you can point it to the correct place it should work. I have not tried that
8-)

It won't allow me to switch the directory it updates. It' permanently fixed to the boxed install. Funny thing is that I acutually went to the boxed install, copied the .GVP file or whatever it is, and replaced the old one in my Steam Install. STILL no result. I seriously have no idea what to do now.

And what the heck does "export" do anyway? From what I've seen it just creates a single audio file in an obscure file format that none of the sim's modules can make sense of. Utterly useless for my purposes.

:x :?: :evil:

EDIT/UPDATE: It turns out that you have to use the BASIC interface to select new installations, NOT the advanced one. That's a design flaw if ever there was one. Still haven't tested it to figure out if the problem is solved.

UPDATE: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!1 : :D :D :D :D :D D

Glad to hear that I might look into this as well as I also have the steam version
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam