Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place

Postby jrbirdman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:17 am

But I was curious about something. I've heard that as a general rule of thumb, most FSX aircraft will work in P3D. Now I don't own P3D but I do own FSX. So my question is this, can an aircraft made for P3D also work in FSX? I saw an aircraft at another site that was a "default AI made flyable" and was curious if I put it in FSX if it would work. I'm not willing to chance it due to lack of knowledge so that's why I ask you guys. :) Anywho, thanks for reading this and hope you all have a great day. Kindest regards, Jeremy <<q
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:36 am

That's hard to say. When I moved from FSX to P3d (V2) I only lost one aircraft, and that was a freebie so no great loss.

Going the other way you might run into the kind of problems that FSX has with a few FS9 aircraft.

Can you post the download?

Also - WHAT version of FSX are you using?

It's been so long that I have no idea what version of FSX is on my computer. If it's freeware, and we have the same FSX version, I could try it.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Roypcox » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:48 am

Jeremy; I am by no means an expert but my thought is that if it works in P3d it should be able to work in FSX. I have just about all of my P3d comes from FSX so I would think you could use it in reverse. Why not ask the dealer or mfg. to be sure!!!
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby jrbirdman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:39 am

OAM here ya go, second from the bottom, the KAI T-50; https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.ph ... 280&page=4 and for my FSX type, I'm using the boxed FSX w/Acceleration. Hope that helps.

Roy, thanks for the reply, I always enjoy hearing what you have to say or suggest. If nothing else, I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks everyone, you are all what makes this site a second home for me. You are like my flight sim family and I appreciate all of you! All my best regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:54 pm

jrbirdman wrote:OAM here ya go, second from the bottom, the KAI T-50; https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.ph ... 280&page=4 and for my FSX type, I'm using the boxed FSX w/Acceleration. Hope that helps.

Roy, thanks for the reply, I always enjoy hearing what you have to say or suggest. If nothing else, I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks everyone, you are all what makes this site a second home for me. You are like my flight sim family and I appreciate all of you! All my best regards, Jeremy

Interesting. I'm logged in but it tells me that I can't even see the file until I log in ???

Wht is the name of the zip file? Maybe I can find it somewhere else.
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby jrbirdman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:22 am

<<s <<s Weird..... I've only had that happen one time and I cleared my cache and cookies, then refreshed and all I had to do was resign in and all was fine. Anyway, the file is called "t-50.zip". Hope that helps.
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:32 am

I tried the link with three different browsers, only Firefox worked, but that was enough.

As the description states, this is an AI aircraft that was made flyable by adding a crude, basic, cockpit.

It works in both P3d & FSX. I suppose that it was an FSX AI aircraft to begin with.

If someone was to develop this aircraft from scratch it could probably be a money maker. As is.....

The first two are from P3d, the last from FSX.

.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam