Translucent rectangles; what are they?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Translucent rectangles; what are they?

Postby gordie3640 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:05 am

I had to reinstall FSX recently. I have mega scenery installed for all of Wisconsin and the Chicago area. The first time I flew down and back between Kenosha, WI and O Hare, I started seeing these translucent squares appear and disappear randomly but usually in a contiguous bunch. If they are still there when I get directly above them, I can see the ground beneath but it looks as though a large translucent sheet was laid over it. If anyone knows what they are and, more important, how to get rid of them I'd really appreciate it.
gordie3640
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Translucent rectangles; what are they?

Postby garymbuska » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:41 am

gordie3640 wrote:I had to reinstall FSX recently. I have mega scenery installed for all of Wisconsin and the Chicago area. The first time I flew down and back between Kenosha, WI and O Hare, I started seeing these translucent squares appear and disappear randomly but usually in a contiguous bunch. If they are still there when I get directly above them, I can see the ground beneath but it looks as though a large translucent sheet was laid over it. If anyone knows what they are and, more important, how to get rid of them I'd really appreciate it.

If you had to reinstall FSX you have left out something it could be a mesh and without the mesh something like this could happen. Some scenery require a mesh for it to show up properly. If you are seeing this in only that area I would almost bet that you have left out a mesh file or some other scenery that you forgot about. The only cures that i know are to uninstall the megs scenery or reinstall the missing mesh or other scenery.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby B52bob » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:04 am

There is nothing wrong with your computer. The triangles are normal ufo's seen frequently in the area.

Do not be alarmed, repeat, do not be alarmed. You have entered the flight sim zone.
B52bob
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sinkrate » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:58 am

There is nothing wrong with your computer. The triangles are normal ufo's seen frequently in the area.

Do not be alarmed, repeat, do not be alarmed. You have entered the flight sim zone.

Whatever you do, don’t ever report seeing a UFO. You will be taken for a “special debriefing” and never be seen or heard from again. Always refer to them as “WEATHER BALLOONS” :shifty:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:50 pm

It sounds like a problem with your scenery. If you have a problem with your scenery then it is probably due to something being wrong with your scenery. No need to thank me - you are VERY welcome (hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam