In Understanding FSX More

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: In Understanding FSX More

Postby Roypcox » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Seafloat that site you sent was exactly what I all ways go by. Its is an old piece that NickN made years ago and it is still makes great since today. Follow this advice and you will never go wrong.
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: In Understanding FSX More

Postby garymbuska » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am

Sprocket wrote:
garymbuska wrote:That is just one reason why I build my systems as I own a copy of windows but now that I am using the free windows 10 I cannot make any major changes for the same reasons

Gary, for what its worth, Microsoft has not left you high and dry. OAM posted a heads-up on this topic previously already, but I cannot find that link. (OAM?)

Microsoft allows you to make a copy of your current "free" W10 installation. Follow this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... /windows10
or: simply search "Win10 ISO."

Download the Microsoft tool and burn yourself an "ISO" DISK for future use. You now have fully working version of your existing W10 OS installation on disk.

I tried the ISO on a spare HDD for a test, INSTALLED IT ON A TOTALLY DIFFERENT MACHINE WITH A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CPU it and it works like a charm. Would recommend everybody make a copy.
Because the ISO is an exact copy of your current installation, it is ALREADY registered, so no subsequent registration is required afterwards with this method.

Thanks OAM for the heads up and thanks Microsoft.
Jan

That is nice to know I had forgotten about the ISO file Something I plan on doing when I have the time.

8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam