half of the wheel is missing/ no controls

FSX including FSX Steam version.

half of the wheel is missing/ no controls

Postby bombardier » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:11 pm

hello to all:

I got this plane A330 italian, I believe half of the wheel is missing. I fixed the wheels on another plane but its been a long time ago. so I cannot remember where I fixed it at I know in the aircraft cfg folder. and the other one no controls on the same plane as the missing wheels.I can gain speed on the runway but when pull back on the yoke the plane does not point its nose in the upward position it just keeps on rolling on the grass,and the speed is at 200 and its an A330 so it does not need that much speed for take off.

theres 2 subjects in this post I hope its ok to do it like that.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: half of the wheel is missing/ no controls

Postby slimcooper2002 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Make sure the autopilot is turned off, that has happened to me a few times. Also check your takeoff weight, I have 1 plane that loads overweight and if I dont change the fuel or cargo weight it wont get off the ground
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm

hello slim cooper:

I did not even consider that. let me try it and I will see how it goes.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 am

bombardier wrote:hello slim cooper:

I did not even consider that. let me try it and I will see how it goes.

bombardier

Like Cooper says....

Always make sure your Autopilot is switched off, the Flaps cancelled....

...and set your Elevator TRIM for take off!....!

Reading the Aircraft's Operating Manual can sometimes come in handy!.... ;) .... :lol: ....!

Paul.....Trimming my early-morning whiskers... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:06 am

In the real world there is one number that one never wants to exceed and that is MTOW (MAXIMUM TAKE OFF WEIGHT).
Exceeding this number will result in making the headlines of your local newspaper under Aircraft crashes on takeoff.
something you want to get in the habit of doing is to all ways check your weight. A lot of freeware aircraft will have to much weight in them. I have yet to see an aircraft that does not have the maximum fuel in every single tank of the aircraft. This is hardly ever needed. I used to work at KJAX and fueled aircraft and the only aircraft that I ever filled to max was a MD88 going to KDFW (Dallas Fort Worth) and that was only because of the bad weather. And by doing that it limited the number of bags you could put on the aircraft and there was no room for any freight or mail at all. The plane left just below the MTOW. The center tank on just about any aircraft was hardly used but you have to know that most flights out of KJAX do not fly in real distance at all. Some times some of the CRJ aircraft would want some fuel in the center tank as a precaution. So unless your flights exceed 5 hours you will not need to have that much fuel on board. Most flight planners will tell you how much fuel is need for the flight you have selected.and you can add some extra fuel to be on the safe side most planes will do that.
One has to remember that anything you put in an aircraft will increase its weight. If a plane has to much fuel on board and for some reason or another has to return to the airport or land at another airport that was closer than the original destination they will have to dump fuel before they can land because they are too heavy. As you will be over that other number MLW Maximum Landing Weight.
These are the two numbers one must think off when flight planning
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby bombardier » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:40 pm

hello fozzer and garymbuska:

I thought I did set my elevator trim.

garymbuska: yeah I normally fly with a full load of fuel and take it down to about 20 percent left. my center tank is full to the max and my wing tanks are half full. that might be the problem. you got me thinking garymbuska.

thanks for the response from all of you.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam