Trees on taxiways and ramp

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Trees on taxiways and ramp

Postby blackgranada77 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Hello. I am having some trouble with KMCO. There are trees on my taxiways and the ramp areas but not on the runways. I have tried uninstalling the add-on scenery that I downloaded from SimV and reinstalled with no luck. I also have looked in all my scenery folders for other KMCO add-ons and found none. I am sure this has been asked before but how do you remove these. Thanks, Dave in KALN
Dave
Intel I5-3570K 3.4 GHZ OC to 4.2 GHZ 6M LGA1155
2TB Seagate SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
16GB CORSAIR XMS 1866MHZ DDR3
AMD RADEON 7870 2GB DDR5
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 INTEL Z77 MOBO
Antec HCG-900W Continuous power PSU
CORSAIR HYDRO H60 120MM LIQUID COOLING INPUSH-PULL SETUP
3 120MM CASE FANS
WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL SP1 64 BIT ORBX FTX Global Terrain , FTX Vector , FTX North and South America Freeware Airports , Europe Freeware Airports, FTX KBHB, FTX Global Open LC North America
blackgranada77
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Trees on taxiways and ramp

Postby Jetranger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:45 pm

I had the same problem at a few default airports in FSX Gold / Acceleration, a few years ago,,,,,,

This is what I did,,,,, that's me at takin down those default trees on the runway :lol: :roll: :roll:

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby blackgranada77 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Love it!!!!
Dave
AMD RADEON 7870 2GB DDR5
3 120MM CASE FANS
WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL SP1 64 BIT ORBX FTX Global Terrain , FTX Vector , FTX North and South America Freeware Airports , Europe Freeware Airports, FTX KBHB, FTX Global Open LC North America
blackgranada77
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 am

blackgranada77 wrote:Hello. I am having some trouble with KMCO. There are trees on my taxiways and the ramp areas but not on the runways. I have tried uninstalling the add-on scenery that I downloaded from SimV and reinstalled with no luck. I also have looked in all my scenery folders for other KMCO add-ons and found none. I am sure this has been asked before but how do you remove these. Thanks, Dave in KALN

If you are looking for another airport called KMCO you will never find it because it has a different name. I have no idea as to what the name is but I can promise you that there is a default KMCO more than likely it is in the NAMERICA folder but not 100% sure.
If you use airport design editor you might get lucky and be able to remove the trees. What was the name of the file you downloaded It is possible that you missed something. Some scenery designers will use what is called an exclude command that you have to add to the scenery in order for it to work correctly. The exclude command does exactly what you would think it does it clears an area of everything kind of like erasing a blackboard. You do not see this a lot and the designer will make a comment about it in the readme file.
But removing the default KMCO scenery is not going to solve your problem as I fly in and out of KMCO a lot and can tell you I have no trees anywhere on the airport or taxiways.
Your problem definitely is in the new KMCO you just added
Something you can try that might work is to make the new airport the last item in your list. One of the nasty thing FS does is when you add new scenery it wil put it at the top of the list sometimes you have to put it at the bottom for it to work correctly. you can moe it down the list in the scenery add area you just have to keep bumping it down till it is on the bottom.
This may sound odd but you have to remember that FS draws scenery in a certain order and whenever you have two things going in the exact same place it can make a difference as to which is displayed first as one will overwrite the other to a point. You have to pay attention to where the two scenery's are being placed as you have to make sure that the one with the largest area is displayed last this effectively removes the first scenery by replacing it with the second scenery.
Think of painting a wall that is 12x12 if you paint the entire area red than come back and paint an area 11x11 on the same wall blue it will leave some red still there. Do the same thing but in reverse order paint the 11x11 first than the 12x12 second you will not see any blue as you covered it with the red
FS does the same thing.
I hope this makes sense to you.
<<s
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby blackgranada77 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Downloaded KMCO-Orlando International Florida v1.4842 for FSX. Installation says to put in add on scenery/scenery file. Kmco_adex_ja.bgl and adex_ja_cvx.bgl. 1 of 2 kmco that I found in SimV.
Dave
AMD RADEON 7870 2GB DDR5
3 120MM CASE FANS
blackgranada77
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby blackgranada77 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Uninstalled KMCO V1.4842 and installed other kmco and now have a great KMCO no trees on taxiways or ramp areas.
Dave
AMD RADEON 7870 2GB DDR5
3 120MM CASE FANS
blackgranada77
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 am

blackgranada77 wrote:Uninstalled KMCO V1.4842 and installed other kmco and now have a great KMCO no trees on taxiways or ramp areas.

That does not surprise me I knew that your problem had to be with the file you downloaded. Glad you got it fixed. Making scenery is no easy task especially if you are trying to replace an existing airport.
I recently purchased KJAX by CLIO SIM as I used to work there and use it as my base airport. I was surprised to find out that even though they had the runway numbers correct as KJAX recently changed the numbers on the runways due to the magnetic variation changed. It used to be 7 & 25 and 13 & 31 now it is 8 & 26 and 14 & 32 ATC was still using the old runway numbers so I wrote them about it they responded pretty quick apologized and came out with a new file that corrected the problem.
They for got to renumber the ILS frequencies a minor problem that I could have fixed but I did pay for this scenery and felt they should fix the problem and they did. I am still not happy with the gate numbering they used it is not correct
Something else I can fix but so far have not done so. It is not that big of a deal. Lets face it when you go to an airport that you have never been to in real life and you are told to taxi to gate B5 You have no way of knowing if that is where gate B5 is at the real airport.
8-) <<r
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam