Missions feedback

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Missions feedback

Postby hanaindiana » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi!
I'm new to the forum and thought I'd check it out, now that I'm back to playing fsx. I really enjoy the missions people make, but was surprised that there isn't a way to rate them, or make comments. I thought the forums would have a place, but I don't see one. Is there a good place in the forums (or elsewhere) to hear about newly created missions, and/or to give feedback, ect... ?
Thanks!
hanaindiana
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Missions feedback

Postby pete » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Thanks for an interesting question.

Well - as for new missions - yes - you just check the missions section for new additions.

As for feedback -- it is something I considered carefully over many years and constantly decided against it - because this hobby survives on positivity. There are some people out in the world who throw paper/leftover bags out of their cars and would likewise use the 2 brain cells they have to make a negative comments about a contributor who has done 1000x more than they have by putting in and making something. There is no contributor out there who would make a negative comment about a file - but many who never do anything who will throw in bad stuff and put someone off who is maybe learning and developing their skills. I have seen, over the 18 years of simviation, many developers quit because of negative feedback for a great file! It is tragic.

& that .. is why we don't have feedback or comments.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:53 pm

...for that very same reason, I have not allowed feedback comments to my videoed Motorcycle Tours on You-Tube.

All those who enjoy them, of which there appear to be many, can continue to watch, and enjoy them as they wish....

...and I am not dismayed and distracted by spurious negative comments, (common on You-Tube).

I continue to quietly video, and enjoy my journeys, for other folks pleasure, in peace and tranquillity.... :) ....!

It seems to work OK!.... ;) ....!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hanaindiana » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:34 am

Yeah, makes sense. I would never dump on someone's work, but the internet has a lot of jerks, so I get it. I was mostly thinking I don't want to miss out on the ultra-amazing ones :)
hanaindiana
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:30 am

You could always do the missions. Like in real life - missions are something you have to experience and some will be great whereas others not so.

You could then make a recommendation or 2 if you find some good ones! :)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby garymbuska » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:48 am

I am not much on missions but something I am constantly doing is in a sense creating my own missions. Now mind you these do not have the follow me features that you find in most if not all missions. I simply create a very realistic flight plan making sure I use the correct altitudes. Most people are not even aware that there are specific altitudes that you must fly at when going in a specific direction. Now mind you this is real world flying but it is what I like to do. If you dig around the internet you can find actual flight plans that the airlines use. I download those and use the same plane that was used to fly it using the actual departing times and see if I can make the same arriving time as the real flight did. I even make sure to recreate the weather the flight had that day which is the trickiest part. But with Active Sky it is not that hard. There are other weather creating software programs out there just do not use the real world weather in FSX as this is the pits
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam