Top-down view key assignment

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Top-down view key assignment

Postby suden111 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:31 am

Hi guys, I bought before Christmas FSX steam edition from steamcommunity.com. Before that, I assigned the "top-down view" key to F12. I liked it because from F9 to F12 all the main views were together (virtual cockpit, 2D cockpit, locked spot view & top-down view). Steam community assigned F12 to "snapshot". If I assign the key to "top-down" in setting-controls in FSX, it doesn't do anything. I've tried to change it also in camera.cfg [CameraDefinition.006], same result...Can somebody help me please. I know it's not a big big deal but it just annoys me. I was so used to it before that I keep presssing F12 all the time resulting to get these stupid snapshots. Thank you
suden111
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Top-down view key assignment

Postby garymbuska » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:01 am

suden111 wrote:Hi guys, I bought before Christmas FSX steam edition from steamcommunity.com. Before that, I assigned the "top-down view" key to F12. I liked it because from F9 to F12 all the main views were together (virtual cockpit, 2D cockpit, locked spot view & top-down view). Steam community assigned F12 to "snapshot". If I assign the key to "top-down" in setting-controls in FSX, it doesn't do anything. I've tried to change it also in camera.cfg [CameraDefinition.006], same result...Can somebody help me please. I know it's not a big big deal but it just annoys me. I was so used to it before that I keep pressing F12 all the time resulting to get these stupid snapshots. Thank you

You can try this. After making changes to the assignments exit out of FSX than locate the FSX.CFG file. It can be in different places depending on which version of windows you are using.
Once found rename it to FSX.BAK than restart FSX. I am not 100% sure this will help but it can not hurt. To locate the fsx cfg file read the Locked post by Pete about where to find the FSX cfg file
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby suden111 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:24 pm

The problem was to get rid of the assignment of F12 (snapshot) made by steam community so I could assign F12 to "top-down view" and I found it. Thank you for your reply
suden111
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Nancysara » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:56 am

Thanks for sharing it with us. We provide quality service for translation with editing. Our experts have quality experience and training in translating a document in the required language and will also edit according to the standard guidelines. There are lots of people who have got service from us and they rated us high with full satisfaction.
Nancysara
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby napamule » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:38 pm

You joined just to post SPAM on a 2015 post subject (key assignment for top down view) which is totally un-related to the field (ie: TRANSLATION). Simviation forum is for INFORMATION provided by and for the flight sim community and needs no translation. BOGUS!
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam