New category

FSX including FSX Steam version.

New category

Postby Jamie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 am

Each time I look for any aircraft I look for planes with a virtual cabin and wing views . I don't enjoy flying simply an instrument panel . In real flight one gets to enjoy views of the aircraft from inside which usually include the passenger area , a nice cowling or nose view as well as great realistic wing views . Geoff's B33 Debonair is the best for cowl , wing views . I always wish for a category that would encompass these features and save hours of time searching . Seems that 90% of the time I get a nice looking airplane , but only an instrument panel to fly .
Thanks ,

Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New category

Postby pete » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi
You are talking about the aircraft downloads - not 'Suggestions for these forums'. ;)

No way is it 90% without VC. Probably the other way round. 8-)

Most aircraft will have a VC -- and usually it says that in the description. (often it says 'no vc'). Looking at the 1st 2 pages of Jets and Props - I see most either have a VC included or they are textures for a base model that includes a VC. ... & most of the VC's are really good!

VC is viewed by pressing F9.

(& btw ---- if it's additional views you want -- such as 'wing views' etc .... that is configurable in the 'aircraft.cfg' file. There are already extra views for many aircraft available -- search 'views' and see what comes up :) )
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New category

Postby Jamie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:33 pm

That was probably an exaggeration ( 90% ) , but I downloaded 4-5 and had nothing but an outside view of the model and an instrument panel . I like a virtual passenger cabin , but not necessarily just a virtual cockpit . Asking too much I suppose to make them easy to find . I do have Active Camera and enjoy the America West 737 which has wonderful wing views , but no V Cockpit .

I was unsure where to post . I figured the moderator would move this to the proper category ? It seemed that the forum was asking for suggestions ????

thanks ,

Jamie
Jamie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam