Online fearures of FSX

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Online fearures of FSX

Postby Autodeskman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:50 pm

Has there been any talk about Microsoft working on the online features of FSX? I would really like to see us be able to have two people online in one airplane. ( Pilot - Co Pilot) What does every one think? Wouldn't that be Cool? Also I would like to be able to use ATC Online.
Autodeskman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Online fearures of FSX

Postby BFMF » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:03 am

I would really like to see us be able to have two people online in one airplane. ( Pilot - Co Pilot) What does every one think? Wouldn't that be Cool?

I believe there's already a program that allows us to do that
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Autodeskman » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:12 am

XPlane will. Are U speaking of an addon for FS9. If so where can I get it?  
Autodeskman
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby BFMF » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:45 am

[quote]Are U speaking of an addon for FS9. If so where can I get it?
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JBaymore » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:28 am

[quote]XPlane will. Are U speaking of an addon for FS9. If so where can I get it?
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Chris_F » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:46 am

I think it would be cool if FSX had a massive multiplayer environment where everyone online in the whole world could fly with eachother.  Just imagine how densely traffic'd the default airport would be!

Although honestly if such a feature existed I'd probably only use it a couple of times and quickly get annoyed as pimple face teenagers in other planes become too effective at playing bumper cars with me.
Chris_F
Major
Major

Postby gn85 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:33 am

I think it would be cool if FSX had a massive multiplayer environment where everyone online in the whole world could fly with eachother.  Just imagine how densely traffic'd the default airport would be!

Although honestly if such a feature existed I'd probably only use it a couple of times and quickly get annoyed as pimple face teenagers in other planes become too effective at playing bumper cars with me.

You're right.. but that is a really neat idea.  Perhaps there can be different levels that you have to earn access.   I just hope there wouldn't be lag problems with servers handling something like that.  
gn85
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Reap » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:33 am

Surely that already exists with the likes of vatsim et al. And the idiots are usualy soon banned.
So what are you waiting for?  ;)
UPLOAD IMAGE TO SIMV!
Reap
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Alphajet_Enthusiast » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:14 am

I can't remember the details, but a couple people have mentioned a program that will allow you to do this

Indeed. The program is called gates.to and it allows you to fly the same plane as another person, together, during network play on two different computers.

In other words, he can do the taxi whilst you control lights, close the door (he can actually see it on his PC if you open the door!!), pour yourslef a glass of soda (its great to have a copilot 8)) or however you want to fly together.

Its really strange the first time in FS2004 when you see your plane start to taxi, and takeoff, and even land "by itself" without you doing anything... :)

You can also choose to be instructor and student, and I think added to that you can have 6+ passengers. Excellent when you have a plane with a cabin and want to  give your friends a virtual flight. :)

Its excellent fun. Ive done loads of flights with gates.to.
Plenty with Antei, for example in the Aerialfoundry Hornet I would take the front seat in the virtual, and he would take the back seat. Its awesome to have someone fly you at mach 1 whilst you have time ot sit back and look out the window.. ;D

Ive also done two or so flights with Hans Lemmen. He's a friend of my parents and a real pilot at Sn Brussels on the Airbus A330-300. Those were some of my coolest flights (and most nerve-wrecking, you always want to impress! ;D)

So if you havent yet, get gates.to. Its so cool, for example if you switch on the smoke system on your pc he will also see the smoke on his, same for doors, lights, flaps, spoilers, and all default and many addon systems.

Unfortunately there isnt support yet for FMCs, obviously that would be a bit complicated.

However many complex planes like the Dreamfleet 727 work exemplary, and it feels sooo good to get through your procedural checklists in a third of the usual time. :)

Well, just try it. ;) Heres the site... http://www.gates.to/LoadPage.php?page=Welcome
Macbook Pro | Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT | 2GB Ram | 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard
Alphajet_Enthusiast
Major
Major

Postby legoalex2000 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:12 pm

you think msft might get their act together and set the zone working? not to say that it doesent...

but well, it doesent...:P

it'd be reeally nice to at least get a better online platform to work off of when doing multiplayer.

:)Ramos
legoalex2000

Postby Sterk » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:31 am

According to official rumors FSX will have this feature...
Sterk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby BFMF » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:10 pm

Didn't CFS3 have a feature similar to that? if it did, I could never get multiplayer to work anyhow ::)
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ctjoyce » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:03 pm

Hows about ingame voice like CS:S and DOD. That would be so much better than the stuped text box.

Cheers
Cameron
CTJoyce, Modding and voiding warranties since 2003
Sheila's Specs:ASUS Striker Extreme 680i, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz, Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400C4 2GB, 2x eVGA 7900GT KO,  Western Digital 80GB SATA & 250GB SATAIII
[b]Vesp
ctjoyce
Major
Major

Postby BAW0343 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:33 pm

i think they should program the nav online somehow so that you can speak to the people on the same cannel  like real life and vatsim  ;D    By the way gates.to is a great thing   i love it but dont use it much
Image Image
BAW0343
Major
Major

Postby TheBod1357 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:02 am

According to official rumors FSX will have this feature...

lol, official rumors?
TheBod1357
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam