texture problem advice

FSX including FSX Steam version.

texture problem advice

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:17 pm

hello!!! good morning!!

I have a very very uncomfortable question :D :D

although I have NEVER (UNTIL TODAY) tried manfred jahn's DC-3 (old versions I have tried... but not V3 yet ((the one that includes the magnificent VC)))

I have seen videos...and tutorials on that model...and curiously in the VC, on the main panel, to the left of the flight indicators (almost covered by the flight wheel) there is an image...(a sticker stuck, interchangeable)...assuming your girlfriend or wife is hanging around you...you can change it with a single mouse click... :D :lol: :mrgreen: :dance: :whistle:
(in the textures folder...the file is called "cuties4.dds") :dance:

well... as I said, I saw that in a tutorial on manfred's dc-3 V3... and I haven't tried it yet...
but if I have manfred's C-117D.... THE V3 VERSION!!!! (which I just found out yesterday that it exists!!! ...and which by the way is not published here in simviation) (only the V1 beta and V2 are published)
this C-117D V3 model includes practically ALL the improvements of the DC-3 V3... it is a significant leap over the v2 (c-117)

ask:
My wish is to modify that texture (cuties4.dds) in order to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SPACE and add more checklist... or reference aids (so I don't open panels... it would simply be seen in the VC constantly)
the problem is that IT DOESN'T APPEAR IN THE VC... I don't know how to activate it so that it appears!!! (I use the c-117 v3)....(in the dc-3 v3 videos, that texture is simply ALWAYS visible)
...and since in the c-117 v3 this sticker is in the main textures folder...it seems that it should appear in the vc.

any ideas?
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: texture problem advice

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:34 pm

hahaha :lol: well... I still haven't got a solution

Now, I'm about to download the DC-3 V3 model... and I'm lost... very lost... there are "PBR" versions, "V3.12 BETA", the patch, the fix... etc..etc... with different types of cabin... :shock: :?: :o :doh: :think: :think: :think:

I have some questions:
1- What is (and where can I find it) the most up-to-date DC-3 of Manfred Jahn? (FOR FSX-SE)

2- I have seen that there are different types of VC cockpit for the dc-3..."old/original style"..and "modernized style"
(the old one has an incredible cockpit with a very detailed ww2 style... and the modern one has a gps installed in the cockpit... and modern indicators... but somewhat simplified)
Does the most updated version MJ DC-3... have both VCs... or which one?

3- generally... a developer usually release his model in SIMVIATION, AVSIM, SIMOUTHOUSE, (and sometimes in FLIGHTSIM)
it turns out that in simouthouse I can't find the new version... only repaints... (I even have some models with variations of models... I mean, some more antenna, or visible external thing)

this article, all it did was confuse me more
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5378 ... jahn-dc-3/

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=17&y=11
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ip&x=8&y=2

some help? :pray:
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:41 am

even more confused than yesterday.... :cry: :think: :cry: :think:

This article indicates that the MOST UPDATED model IS V3.1406 (not 1405)
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... new-thread
unfortunately the link is down (they appear on the first and last page)
In AVSIM there is only the "normal" version 3.14 with its "fix" (whatever it is).
here in SIMVIATION is the same...

but... in SIMOUTHOUSE... there is more confusion... :think: :think:
in the previous comment I put an article
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5378 ... jahn-dc-3/
It is indicated that there is a DC-3 version with a MODERN cabin... ( :think: I remembered that it was the V2 version... and also the C-117 V2 had a modern cabin similar to the BASLER BT-67 :lol: )....
but in that article...it is implied that there is a V3 version WITH MODERN CABIN...
more confusion... in simouhouse the following models are published:
(The first image indicates that they are models with different details)
(second image is a DC-3 V3 with MODERN VC including a navigation system)
(3rd image indicates a v3 with modern cabin WITHOUT the navigation system....and a model with EC-47 "weather radar")

my head is spinning :?: :doh: :?: :lol: ...someone help me understand??

by the way... the C-117D V3 is here:
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:32 pm

I understand (guess) that MVC stands for "modern vc" ...and the one that includes VVC stands for "vintage vc"
Now, in Sim Outhouse, I only found version 3.12 (flyaway has 3.1406)...but ONLY in SOH is the version with modern cabin...which I haven't seen ANYWHERE ELSE.

if anyone has any idea... (about "cuties4.dds", the v3, the mvc, the vcc...etc) I would really appreciate it
....and sorry for being so "heavy" with so much text. :pray:

to finish some photos of the C-117D V3...enjoy them. :D
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:18 pm

well... I figured it out (I suppose I sound like an idiot)... everything is clear now... I was able to try several models...

manfred and company made these models (until today 2023):

the DC-3 // C-47
vintage version VC V3.1406 (VVC)
(you can find it here in simviation...along with its fix...it's called "3.14 beta"...the fix takes it to 1406 version)
modern version VC V3.XXX (MVC)
(so far I've only found it in sim outhouse...it's the SECOND AND THIRD IMAGE that I posted above...here in this thread)

(I think nobody remembers the V2 version anymore... which was a version with modern vc... currently it would be V3 MVC which has a VERY improved modern vc)

the C-117D
version V3
(so far I've only found it in sim outhouse...it's the LAST IMAGE I posted above...here in this thread)
(this version ONLY comes with MODERN vc, similar to c-117d v2...but VERY VERY improved VC)

and finally the BASLER BT-67... which is the well-known version v2...
(which I really hope will get upgraded to the great vc v3. MVC one day :pray: :pray: :pray: )

If you go around SOH...don't pay attention to other versions or models (with more or less antennas, the ec-47 version...etc)...they are from previous years or for v3.12.
There is also a nice texture pack for the vc in black, and another in green (ww2)

sorry if i spoke too much... finally this weekend i was able to test ALL THE FILES.
Regards and enjoy the models. <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flanker256 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:55 pm

Hi Delta Tango Nine Two,
Glad you could resolve the texture problem.
I have not yet installed these aircraft, but they sure do look great.
Flanker256
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam