Milviz Freebies

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Milviz Freebies

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:27 pm

Daube wrote:There no software that I know of. I had this 737 (amongst other models from them) in P3Dv4 and I didn't need to run anything next to it.
There is however one "manager" program. You don't use it in the sim, you use it before launching the sim instead. It's meant to configure some aspects of your installed models, some little things outside or in the cockpit that can be added or hidden, then you can save and close the program until you need to modify anything again, some days/weeks later :)

It's just the kind of software I was talking about...
They give me hives.... I mean, that's "a lot of steps" to have a model in the air... just for short walks.
I am one of those who prefer to "unzip"..."and fly".
...planes that have installers, installation records, and similar things give me compatibility problems with windows, with fsx, etc...
the more specific the model is (the installer and its logs), the more delicate it is to know if it works or not for me. (on Mi PC)

Still, I'll give the 737-200C a try.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:54 pm

Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:
Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:hello!!!
I have some questions....

many years ago milviz released this plane as freeware:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjQKkhkjJUM
...but since so many things happened... I would like to know if you have it (I mean... does it come in the current free package? (today 2023)

well...i just installed it....IT'S NOT THE SAME...this milviz pack is a complete P-38L...from WW2. (has vc is original from ww2) (and many MANY pinup girls without a bra :dance: :whistle: :dance: :whistle: ). seems to be very complex in systems and engine management)
(it also gives me CTD!!!! as soon as the model appears on the site... CTD. I think that in the installation menu it said "FSX-SE stand alone"... and "FSX-SE + FSX"... I chose the latter...(I only have the fsx-se) so I think I was wrong.
I'll report if that's the problem.)

the one that appears in the video is a "civilized" P-38...it was freeware from milviz...it had a very different VC cockpit (modernized and civil)..it only had 1 texture available. (and as I remember it was easy to fly without many complexities)...I can't find it anywhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjQKkhkjJUM

IS THIS!!!!!!!
https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/PG.php?id=30#

one more question... I'm looking for an old school freeware trainer... (that is, a ww2 plane or earlier)
I am between:
ANTS TIGER MOTH (free version)
AVRO 621 TUTOR (free version of simouthouse)
gloster gladiator (free)
and the "civilized" p38 milviz
any advice?

Just at this moment ... right now, while I write this ... I'm laughing so hard !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No ... Civilized P-38 (from Redbull) does not exist anymore, it is no longer found anywhere in the Internet. (Only news about the announcement that it is freeware and the link to the Milviz page) .... This piece of unique software is no longer among us.

... As I really had a few years ago (I had it on my PC) ... I obtained it in those years in which it was announced that it was now freeware ... for life reasons ... the years spent and spent Delete many things ... :doh:
Today use "recuva" (deleted file recovery software) ... and I have it again !!!!!!!!! <<s <<s
At least for personal use .... :D :lol: :lol: :dance:

The funny thing is that if the P-38 seems "difficult" or complex to handle... but you wanted to fly a modernized one... Redbull's "civilian" P-38 was very good... and (as I remember well) , if you didn't like the redbull paint (it has only 1 texture)... in simouthouse there were "bare metal" texture packs, or similar silver ones.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Not easy to choose...
The P38 is not a trainer anyways, so I would remove it from that list. It doesn't mean I don't recommend that plane, because I really do (it's excellent), but it does not fit with your question.
Ant's Tiger Moth is very nice, and the payware version is even more interesting, feature-wise.
Concerning the other two, I might recommend the Tutor, because it has the highest visual quality. However I don't remember if it is native FSX format, or if it is a FS9 port-over ?

EDIT: another "trainer" just came back to my mind: the T-6 Texan made by Warwick Cater ! It had quite a nice 3D model (native FSX, not FS9 port-over) and virtual cockpit, and it was quite nice from a realism perspective as well !
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Dave T » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:57 am

I did get the Bobcat to work in FSX with no errors, all the switches work.

The downside is it starts with the engines running so you have to turn everything off to do a manual start & the second is the configurator doesn't work so no pilot or passengers visible which looks a bit odd in screenshots.

I installed it using the installer, don't check the P3d option just move onto the next screen and browse to your FSX installation. If you have checked the P3d option you will get an error message or at least I do and a crash to desktop.
<<q
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:41 pm

As I said above... I have recovered the FREEWARE P-38 from MILVIZ (civilized version)
You can see the photos and a mini review of this model here:
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&t=181939

By the way, I'll be announcing if any milviz model works correctly for me (I use FSX-SE)... I'll be testing the:
t-50 bobcat, 310r, bell 407, 737-200c, dhc-2, 3, 3t (all of them), f-86, uh-1h, b-55 and the twin comanche

<<q <<q
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:59 pm

The Pa30 will not work in FSX it's a P3d model. The Beaver & Otter work in FSX as do the two F4's & Sabre.

The 737-200C works fine in FSXA too.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:31 am

hello again...
I wanted to ask if the BEAVER (2 AND 3), the 310r, bobcat, 737-200c, B55, and others use the "milviz MVAMS" program?...

(that is, a third-party program that is critical for the model to work well...)...because when i installed the huey... even if you modified its options...the changes were not visible in the sim.
and when uninstalling it... in the mvams they kept appearing...
That said, I don't like model "manager" programs.

Delta Tango Nine Two wrote:
Daube wrote:There no software that I know of. I had this 737 (amongst other models from them) in P3Dv4 and I didn't need to run anything next to it.
There is however one "manager" program. You don't use it in the sim, you use it before launching the sim instead. It's meant to configure some aspects of your installed models, some little things outside or in the cockpit that can be added or hidden, then you can save and close the program until you need to modify anything again, some days/weeks later :)

It's just the kind of software I was talking about...
They give me hives.... I mean, that's "a lot of steps" to have a model in the air... just for short walks.
I am one of those who prefer to "unzip"..."and fly".
...planes that have installers, installation records, and similar things give me compatibility problems with windows, with fsx, etc...
the more specific the model is (the installer and its logs), the more delicate it is to know if it works or not for me. (on Mi PC)

Still, I'll give the 737-200C a try.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:39 am

curiosity: apparently, milviz, packed all these models (now freeware) with these "manager" programs...(mvams)
It turns out that the "civilian" p-38L is BEFORE these programs, it is simply a normal installer, which you can install in a folder on the desktop, and then take it to the sim.
(HERE)
https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&t=181939
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:01 pm

The Bobcat/737 & the Beaver & Otter all use Mvams. The F4's & Sabre do as well.

You will need the latest Vc runtime files that can be downloaded from Microsoft for it to work correctly.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Wroure » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:43 am

sonic exe
tjitah wrote:I think this is a hoax, can't download anything.
Clicking on the aircraft takes me to a "milviz sharepoint" page with "open" and "download" buttons. Clicking on either results in absolutely nothing

I can't download it either.
Wroure
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hispithe » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:37 am

basket random
madasi45 wrote:I confirm, i think it's a hoax.

Maybe so.
Hispithe
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:42 am

To those who are trying to download these freeware aircraft: the downloads are working perfectly fine.
When clicking on an aircraft, you reach a "sharepoint" webpage, in which there is a "download" button on the top left corner of the screen. Click on that and your download starts.
I just tried it a few seconds ago with the Avanti and I could get the archive on my desktop at once and without issues.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Dave T » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:27 am

Daube wrote:Not easy to choose...
The P38 is not a trainer anyways, so I would remove it from that list. It doesn't mean I don't recommend that plane, because I really do (it's excellent), but it does not fit with your question.
Ant's Tiger Moth is very nice, and the payware version is even more interesting, feature-wise.
Concerning the other two, I might recommend the Tutor, because it has the highest visual quality. However I don't remember if it is native FSX format, or if it is a FS9 port-over ?

EDIT: another "trainer" just came back to my mind: the T-6 Texan made by Warwick Cater ! It had quite a nice 3D model (native FSX, not FS9 port-over) and virtual cockpit, and it was quite nice from a realism perspective as well !

Hi Daube, Nigels Tutor was an original FS9 port for FSx using bmp format and FS9 panel format which made the file size to be quite large. Nigel released FSX native versions of his Tutors which used dds and interior model which made the files smaller.

Both versions worked in FSX and looked fantastic, not heard anything from Nigel in quite awhile.

The Tutors are great & Ants free FSX Moth as well.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:29 am

The site was overwhelmed when the files were released which caused a few problems initially, the site no longer has these problems and the downloads are quick & easy to download.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:33 pm

Wroure wrote:sonic exe
tjitah wrote:I think this is a hoax, can't download anything.
Clicking on the aircraft takes me to a "milviz sharepoint" page with "open" and "download" buttons. Clicking on either results in absolutely nothing

I can't download it either.

I can confirm that this page is 100% safe and real... it has the files ready to download and they work (I tried it yesterday). 8-)
Maybe as our colleagues mentioned above... the link is a bit difficult to "understand"... about how to download it... just click on the plane that you would like to have... it will redirect you to a miviz page "sharepoint"...and just at the top left is the download button...that's it.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam