my tds 737-700 project

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: my tds 737-700 project

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:08 am

good morning everyone...

VC SCREEN COLORS, screens, fmc, radios...etc

Something to take into account:
in real life, the 737 NG...does NOT have its screens in violet color (like the ones in the fsx default vc) ..that violet color is really ugly.
....it is not BLACK COLOR either...they are not. (or gray) (perhaps in real 737 simulators, or in which the screens are replaced by some modern screen...it is black)
Something to keep in mind is that even if an LCD screen shows the color black... it cannot fully achieve that tone... even... IF YOU LOOK FROM THE SIDE the screen you can alter the color vision (this in OLD LCD SCREENS )

....taking these things into account...and comparing the real screens, those of the PMDG 737, and those of the MSFS...:

my screens will be BLUE, almost grey, (depending on the tone)...besides...as I don't know how to change the colors of the map (the internal part of the MFD), it will most likely look like the photos called "original MFD" ( which are below)

also...everyone knows it...the screens of the 737 vc have SIDES...that cannot be altered (they always keep that purple color)....I have seen it on aircraft packages (here in simviation)...they have the screens black ... but the sides are purple ....
since I don't know how to modify that...I chose the soft blue color, with a pinch of grey...so that the violet side would go completely unnoticed.
(IT WOULD BE GREAT HELP IF SOMEONE TOLD ME HOW THE SIDES OF THE SCREENS ARE MODIFIED)

here I present some "sketches" or "ideas of how it would be" the vc screens...
THEY ARE NOT real...just edit photos, during this week I will do the work.
YOU CAN OPEN THE IMAGES AND COMPARE THEM

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:16 am

to be honest...the black version...will be discarded from the beginning (for not being "so" real...and because, if the sides remain purple...the black screens with purple bands will be very ugly to the sides)

I forgot something...also the speed indicator, altimeter, and etc of the PFD are gray...not violet (look at the images and compare them)
now they are grey.

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:17 am

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:12 pm

update:

today I managed to get a better texture of the FMC...I THANK YOU SIMVIATION FOR IT, and to the CREATOR of the FMC textures....(I don't really know the name...please, I would like to give you ALL the credit, I would like to know his name) ...(I found his fmc textures in a very recent airbus 320neo model and a very recent b777-300)

I tweak the textures of the FMC, and match the color to my VC's gray, and soft blue (it's really just an "almost gray" set that can go both colors just fine..)
I also modified the power "button".

the real problem...was the night...since I made 3 TYPES OF LIGHTING for my vc....the FMC only has one type of nightlight....so the solution was a "compromise", an average, so that in the lightest textures it can be seen with the right shade of yellow (from the vc)...and in the darkest texture of the vc (almost black) it can be seen well too.
tomorrow I will show the photos of the finished FMC

(I want to clarify something, I am only modifying textures, I know absolutely nothing about programming, xml, etc.... so many of the "improvements" of the systems are only mods of people who publish these improvements here in simviation)
(If it is possible, and if someone knows, they could tell me how to modify the borders of the screens, they are still purple.)

another matter: for now this project will be "private" only for personal use, why?...because although I am giving credit to the creators of TDS, enrique cornejo, garret smith, the creators of the skin textures, those of the systems, to microsoft for making fsx...and many people who create things and unfortunately there is no record of who made them.... although I give credit to them for creating them....I have not asked permission to modify those things ...
I would like to publish it... just tell me what my current "status" is, about permissions.
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:07 am

Looking good!

Regarding giving credit to all gauge textures, every gauge used, etc. Every FS website has files where full credits are unknown. Generally people will include credits where they can, etc. In the past, uploaders have mentioned that they could not contact original developer for permission and if there is any issue - to contact them. In all these years I have rarely, if ever, heard of any problem where main credits are given and no piracy has occurred.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:45 pm

pete wrote:Looking good!

thank you... I really appreciate that someone sees the effort of weeks working...

Now, as I said in the previous comment... little of this work is MINE, (some things yes... like the texture of vc at night), the vast majority of my work was EDIT the work of another, copy from here and there, and collect as many upgrades as possible to the 737. Giving credit is one thing... but giving permission is quite another.

so for now it will be private... at the end of the project I will see if I can publish it or not.

In the afternoon-night I will show photos of the FMC textures, re-edited, (actually they are from another person, I just edited them, so that they combine well with the 737 vc)

Cheers
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:47 pm

something I completely forgot :? :? :? :
the flight simulation of a 737 and its physics... (I'll talk about it soon)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:47 pm

well...I promised...it's night, early in the morning (and tomorrow I have to go to work...)...but here are the photos...
as I said many times...nothing belongs to me, no texture...I just edited them a lot...

These are the characteristics of these GARRETT SMITH FMC textures:

-new FMC main texture (this texture I DIDN'T MAKE, I just extracted it from another site...this isn't new, it's just borrowed....but edited)
-new fmc powerup image (new fmc logo) (this texture I DIDN'T MAKE, I just extracted it from another site...this isn't new, it's just borrowed....but edited)
-new power on off button: now it looks like a small led button similar to the others...and it only shines enough at night
-new night texture

It also has these characteristics:
by brush and totally "worked by hand", pixel by pixel, bit by bit...I made the texture "off" (fmc off) with the letters and number marked...but in gray....so that looks like REAL buttons, but turned off....
(...obviously when turned on, it glows green)

another important feature is that the day texture is an "average" a "50% compromise" so that it can blend nicely into any texture from my vc texture pack (you guys remember?...soft blu, gray vc...)

and the last feature is that also the night texture is an "average" so it can blend well with the fully lit night vc...and the fully dark vc (the textures)...

although there are 2 PROBLEMS:

1- that AVERAGE fmc texture (at night) is not so "satisfying" (in the vc AT NIGHT with the highly illuminated textures something dark is noticeable...and in the vc with the textures of low illumination...it is noticeable somewhat bright .....but just barely.. it can be said that it is "good" (at least better than before)
(here the problem is that there is only one fmc texture for the night...and MY VC I can choose between several types of lighting...(changing textures of course...)

2-the second problem is in the afternoon...when the sun goes down (half an hour before going down)....THE FMC starts using the night textures at that time....and the color is out of tune quite a lot... .(at that time the vc is seen during the day...but the fmc turns VERY dark and "golden" to resemble the vc at night)..........but luckily that only lasts one "half an hour or so"......until the VC darkens naturally and then transitions to night texture.
luckily...if you have the fmc on...it will go a bit unnoticed. (the green buttons on cover a bit is lack of combination of textures)

enough talking...here the damn photos
the order of the photos is as follows
first the original garret smith FMC without any editing
second mine edited

(you can open the photos in another window ..or download them to compare.)
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:49 pm

original FMC textures

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:52 pm

NEW FMC TEXTURES (actually edited...I didn't create them...just edited and "improved")

Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:53 pm

good night, I'm going to bed. :dance:
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Awaken » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:43 am

Looking good! :text-coolphotos:
AMD R5 1600 AF on ASROCK B450, Teamgroup 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1650 Super , 500 GB SSD and 3TB HDD, EVGA 500W PS, ASUS 27in. MX27A 2k monitor, Windows 10
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:13 pm

well....now I need help (your help, you, test pilot who has flown many FSX planes, you who downloaded engine sound packs, avionics, panels...etc...you who are capable of landing a 747 as a VTOL, or flying the 747 upside down under the eifel tower)... all help possible

why?
the FMC is the last "external" addition, it can go both alone and accompanied by other systems...

According to the order of titles we continued with:
textures of internal systems (screens and similar things)
I explain... here I WILL IMPROVE textures... but FIRST I need to have the best package that you can recommend) (I will explain why below)
-sound (engines, ap, gpws..etc)
I mean...more realistic sound pack...and as much as possible the best sound of possible systems...(gpws, and other "little details" to make the 737 real)
-I don't remember what goes here
I explain... what you think I have forgotten and you think is a good addition to this plane

I ALSO ADD THESE:

-flight physics (the best possible)
-aircraft performance (range, consumption, weights, and a long etc...) (as accurate as possible)

Now I explain my situation:

according to the order in which I am advancing the work of the 737NG, it should currently work with the DISPLAYS, PFD, MFD, EICAS, AP, RADIOS, (I mean...with their textures)....but..... ......

many of these things are associated with the panels....(everything in the panels folder).....so I MUST FIRST CHOOSE WHICH PANEL I SHOULD INSTALL IN THE AIRPLANE...and JUST THEN... EDIT THE TEXTURES
(something similar happened with the FMC, I was about to choose between the well-known garret smith, or the modified G.munro...only after choosing, I improve the textures of the FMC)

did you understand? What I want to say is that first I need to have THE BEST PANEL, (freeware of course)...for Alejandro Rojas's VC (alrot)...SAME FOR THE SOUND...(gpws, and everything related to alert systems, ap, etc)
also clarify something....some PANEL packages...include THEIR OWN GPWS with their own sounds...or their own autopilot...and so on,...and these are difficult to extract...and " merge".

the same for the section "flight physics" and "aircraft performance"
I know very little about these things...
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:46 pm

So here's a SUBTOPIC:
-CHOOSE THE BEST SYSTEM (panels, alert sounds.etc)

I have seen 5 "WAYS":

-Philippe Marion and his "FSX/P3D Boeing 737NG Wide Panel and VC v2.0" (here on simviation)

I must say that it is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, (besides adding a wide 2d panel). and looks similar to "normal" fsx screens.....it has its own GPWS, new systems added, RADIO !!!! (the real radios of a 737 NG are orange (the numbers....of course), and it has sounds for the AP, (the clicks when you move a thumbwheel, or an autopilot button)

There is only one thing that I don't like... is that HE uses the airbus MFD (the map) (in the event that he uses this Philippe panel... I would try to go back to the default 737 MFD map)
I must also be clear on this... it uses systems that are "friendly" with the VC default (or Alejandro Rojas's (alrot)) and can be used in both the 737 default....the POSKY or the TDS... .(and this is VERY important...and YOUR SYSTEMS can trigger things from all those models)

-G.MUNRO and his "FSX Boeing 737-800 2D Panel Version 2 " (also here in simviation)
according to what little I have seen... this is the MOST DETAILED PANEL I HAVE SEEN... it has many systems on each screen, it is the most realistic thing I have seen in a panel for the 737 (freeware of course), just read the manual and you will see that you have a lot to read before starting the plane)
it has its own screens made anew (I no longer need to edit ANYTHING), to the point that it is made "from scratch".

something that I think I did not like...is that it does not have integrated fmc)...and also...it does not have sounds from gpws, ap, and other systems and small details....also I do not know HOW compatible its systems (all of them) with those of TDS, posky, etc (I mean, if the panel has a function that the model can't show)...and according to some images...it doesn't seem to be as well integrated with the VC ( rather, it is excellently integrated with the 2D panel).... I hope I'm wrong

-BlueSox14 and its "defaultimate737.zip"
Is here:
https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthre ... -available

I really don't know anything about this panel... can someone help me to know if it is the same, better or less than the other panels?

-and finally...this is the last "WAY":
leave the original fsx panel (screens), improve its textures, add a gpws, some new sound packs... do you understand?... that I "unite" several improvement packs and then edit its textures. all stock.

please: if you KNOW any other fantastic panel, one that integrates the largest number of systems in a single package (screens, sound alerts, etc) ... PLEASE LET ME KNOW ...
And if you know the ones mentioned above... let me know what you think of all those packages, if you tried them, if you saw qualities, failures, etc...
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Delta Tango Nine Two » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:02 pm

I also open the following SUBTOPIC:

-flight physics
-aircraft performance

I explain: in flight physics... something "strange" happens (I think it's unrealistic)
I remember many years ago, flying the POSKY model many times, (specifically a 737-600...even though it also happened exactly the same with the -900).... the following happened in ANY TYPE OF CONFIGURATION (weights, loads, fuel) when approaching for landing these things happened:
the plane caught the glideslope (700 or more feet per second descent) the autopilot followed the path perfectly....BUT THE PLANE AT LOW SPEEDS HAD THE NOSE POINTED DOWN....with flaps and gear fully down, and reducing the speed (almost to the minimum of flight)... the plane SLIGHTLY managed to point up its nose, while descending.
and TODAY, being in the TDS model...it's still there. (or worse), the plane usually takes off like a harrier (exaggeration, but you understand me), and when landing, at low speeds it still keeps its nose down,.... it is really uncomfortable to fly on landing.

and the most disconcerting of all is that PHILIPPE MARION (who created one of the panels mentioned above) published a POSKY model 737-700 plane.... and the way that plane lands is SPECTACULARLY SMOOTH (as it should be: nose up when on the glideslope and at low speeds)

So I have to modify something there......(in my TDS MODEL)

-aircraft performance
and in this other subtopic...well you know...I need to MAKE SURE that the plane is as accurate as possible, in weights, fuel load, flight range, and other things that I have no idea... ( fuel consumption for example...)
So I am not surprised that my plane can fly farther or less than the REAL plane, because of a bad configuration.

of course...if there is something that you also think should be improved or added in flight physics and aircraft performance...let me know.

(if I complete the plane, if I leave it as real as possible... I will try to publish it by all means)
<<r
Delta Tango Nine Two
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam