FSX/P3D1-3 AW-139 Fire Attack Pack issue

FSX including FSX Steam version.

FSX/P3D1-3 AW-139 Fire Attack Pack issue

Postby Nighthawk117 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:30 pm

I downloaded and installed. when i chose the helicopter the rotors werent spinning but it was still flyable thoughts?

this is the file

FSX/P3D1-3 AW-139 Fire Attack Pack
Zip file preview
423.37Mb (296 downloads)
This is a modification of ICAROv2.0_SAR AW139 to create the configuration flown by Los Angeles Fire Department. Ships 1-5 are represented along with semi-fictional representation of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue flying the configuration with the simplex model tank. The fantastic model created by ICARO & Carlos Palacio, remains largely unchanged. This version is compatible with FSX and P3D v1-3. Users must download the 2.1 version also here on Simviation for P3Dv4+. All the stock files are included with the aircraft, the only changes I have made are the addition of the Simplex model tank, pond snorkel, 6 repaints, and the different weights for the firefighting variant. Stock model by ICARO and Carlos Palacio. Firefighting variant and 4K repaints by Nicholas Mitchell.
Posted Jul 30, 2021 00:47 by Nicholas Mitchell
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FSX/P3D1-3 AW-139 Fire Attack Pack issue

Postby Scorch00 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:44 pm

Hello there. I've gone back through to see if I missed something with this helo when I put it together. But I'm unable to replicate this issue you've indicated you're having with the rotors not spinning. I had the AW139 pretty thoroughly tested in FSX prior to release with beta testers. This AW139 is a pretty complex freeware helo, it requires startup procedures similar to the real aircraft. This is also a beta version the original authors put out, so there are some bugs with animations and the modules the helicopter has controlling those systems. The AW139 loads up in your sim running, but all it's systems aren't enabled for flight, so the procedures or the quick start have to be done. As a result this may be why the helicopter is still flyable, but the animations aren't working properly. If you aren't starting the helo up via the checklist/start up procedures, you can enable the quick start option in the helo has by using the FMC it has. Selecting the "Menu" option on the FMC it will bring up 2 options, Cold and Dark and Ready To Take Off. Selecting Ready To Take Off will likely resolve the issue, or by doing the whole startup process if you feel like replicating that. I hope this resolves the issue you're having with the AW139.
Simulated Air Tanker Operations
Aerial Firefighting Development & Simulation Group
Scorch00
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Nighthawk117 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:22 am

thats weird cause it starts engines running but no rotors spinning i will try what you recommended to do. wish i could post a vid file here lol

thank you for you help
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Nighthawk117 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:34 am

it must be a system issue because fmc shows blank. my fsx is on win xp so that could be the issue also. everything was installed correctly
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Scorch00 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Yes, the helicopter starts running in the sim. Not sure why it's coded this way since you still have to enable all the flight and engine systems before takeoff. But with the FMC being blank this indicates to me the gauges aren't installed properly. Do all of the MFD's light up in the cockpit, and are the gauges showing? Or it could be a system issue, but it's probably unlikely.
Simulated Air Tanker Operations
Aerial Firefighting Development & Simulation Group
Scorch00
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam