in praise of fsx

FSX including FSX Steam version.

in praise of fsx

Postby yancovitch » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 pm

yea....i just realized that for me, this sim is all about the planes..... yes, to have some basic nice scenery is important, but to see and fly the variety of designs, innovations, and creations since the wright bros., is what excites me.....yes, the new sim is amazing, but no matter how lovely it is, to fly around a world empty of people is in the experience not much better than fsx...but the planes are and those fellas who did such a wonderful job creating them, makes fsx a gem which will never be replaced.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: in praise of fsx

Postby hertzie » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:41 am

I completely agree. Best sim ever!

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Captainslog » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:39 am

I totally agree, and I'm a 63 year old fart living in Israel. I use a very middle range computer and I've enhanced most aspects of FSX over the past 14 years to an incredible 27fps and vitually no stuttering. I love to fly the heavies! <<r
Captainslog
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Tug002 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:25 am

I too love to fly in FSX. I am not much into the scenery as I am usually flying A2A's B-17 at about 30,000 feet. I have my system set up for FSX fairly good now and am quite happy with the performance I get on my system. I too am 63 years old and retired from the railway for a few years now and am able to enjoy it more now than ever.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby wildecoyote8 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:54 am

I have used all of the previous types of flightsim but have had most enjoyment from FSX - until the recent upgrade to windows which has managed to lose all my addon models and scenery.
I think this is a deliberate ploy by Microsoft to force everybody to upgrade to MSFS. Well guys it ain't gonna happen!
I am seriously thinking of stopping all flightsim flying and taking up knitting!! (not really. but I am very p....d off at the moment.
wildecoyote8
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby hertzie » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:12 am

"until the recent upgrade to windows which has managed to lose all my addon models and scenery"

wildecoyote8, can I help you? If so, send me a PM.

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam