a new fsx gold edition or flight sim?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

a new fsx gold edition or flight sim?

Postby bombardier » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:02 pm

hello to all:

do any of you know if Microsoft is going to make another fsx flight sim for the pc? I have my fsx gold edition but I made a mistake of throwing away my gold edition disks. hers why iam asking i got a new computer and some how I want to transfer my gold edition to my new pc.( desk top). I went to amazon and brought the gold edition. but the serial number has been use so I had to send it back. any new gold editions out there for me to buy and put that onto my new pc? with out the serial number being compromised.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: a new fsx gold edition or flight sim?

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 am

You are out of luck. Microsoft stopped development of sims many years ago.

There are options & I'm not getting into that discussion.

Whatever your choice is, get a high end PC, or else you will be very dissapointd.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:54 am

bombardier wrote:hello to all:

do any of you know if Microsoft is going to make another fsx flight sim for the pc? I have my fsx gold edition but I made a mistake of throwing away my gold edition disks. hers why iam asking i got a new computer and some how I want to transfer my gold edition to my new pc.( desk top). I went to amazon and brought the gold edition. but the serial number has been use so I had to send it back. any new gold editions out there for me to buy and put that onto my new pc? with out the serial number being compromised.

bombardier

The very first thing to do is to forget FOREVER about FSX Gold on these ridiculous spinning plastic things from the previous century ;) (yes, I hate DVDs).
If you really want to continue your simming experience with FSX, then I would recommend you to switch to FSX on Steam.
It is essentially the very same thing as FSX Gold (it includes FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration in one single package), but it doesn't need plastic disks and doesn't need activations or serial keys. It installs from Steam, with just a few clicks, and then you're good to go as before.

If you want to switch to something a bit more modern and less prone to crashes, you might want to consider P3Dv4.
However, that sim is 64 bits. While it won't suffer from Out-Of-Memory (OOMs) anymore, it will not allow you to use any plane with 32 bits gauges (.GAU or .DLL files for the panels). It will not allow you to use any FS9 planes either.

If FS9 planes are too important for you, or if you have too many important FSX planes with 32 bit gauges, then you might want to consider P3Dv3.
P3Dv3 is still 32 bits. 99% of the FSX addons will work just fine with it.
Concerning FS9 aircrafts, they will display in a much better way than in FSX: you won't get any "propeller disk disappearing behind clouds or autogen" problems, and you'll get very nice shadows both on the outside model and inside the virtual cockpit. The main limitation is that any instrument/button in 2D will not be clickable anymore. Only the things modeled in 3D will still be clickable.

So, for you, FSX Steam would be the best option, but you might want to collect a few informations about the alternatives, depending on your own curiosity and, of course, your hardware.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Bofredrik » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:49 am

A uppdated FS9.
That would be ONE level to do.
We needs updated on several levels.
For beginners up to pros.
But the beginners do not need a pro version.
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:38 am

FS9 will run on a Windows 10 system but there are drawbacks you kind of have to cheat by doing something that is considered Piracy but I will not get into that.
If you want to know what I and others had to do to get FS9 to work send me a private message.
Piracy is a taboo subject here :naughty:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Bofredrik » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:50 am

I use Win 10 and have not any problem with FS2004.
Piracy?
Why do you say that?
I have not any of that.
I have a full function version.
No pirate here... :naughty:
I just wanted a updated FS2004 in general.
That is my suggestion in this discussion.
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby EVVFCX » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 am

Hi Gary,

Same as poster above, why do you say piracy, I have no trouble running fs9/fs2004?

I have to mess about with some settings to install some just flight products but thats caused by microsofts stupidity and putting those settings back is no issue.

Regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby garymbuska » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:28 am

EVVFCX wrote:Hi Gary,

Same as poster above, why do you say piracy, I have no trouble running fs9/fs2004?

I have to mess about with some settings to install some just flight products but thats caused by microsofts stupidity and putting those settings back is no issue.

Regards

Steve

The only way I could get FS2004 to run was to down load a program so you do not have to have a cd in order to run it. And using that program is considered piracy but as i stated we do not talk about things like that here which is why I do not mention the program I downloaded . But if you know anything about FS2004 you should know what I am talking about
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby bombardier » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:18 pm

hello to all who respond: is it safe to buy fsx on steam? also where can I download the p3d version.?

want to buy fsx on steam but just to be cautious is never a bad thing.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:07 pm

bombardier wrote:hello to all who respond: is it safe to buy fsx on steam? also where can I download the p3d version.?

want to buy fsx on steam but just to be cautious is never a bad thing.

bombardier

Hello, yes FSX Steam Edition is safe and its an excellent flight sim at a very low cost. Then if you add the ORBX Global Base Scenery it gets even better. There are hundreds of good addon aircraft available for it as well. Enjoy.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:27 am

thanks for your answer flacke
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:11 pm

hey flacke if you are still there,

I got the fsx steam edition, but where do I put my planes in once I download them. I got 2 that I downloaded but do not see any folders to put them in.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:36 pm

bombardier wrote:hey flacke if you are still there,

I got the fsx steam edition, but where do I put my planes in once I download them. I got 2 that I downloaded but do not see any folders to put them in.

bombardier

Hi, I are still here.............go to the drive that you loaded FSX-SE on to, then clik on Program Filesx86, then Steam, then Steamapps, then Common, then Fsx, then SimObjects, then Airplanes. Just put your airplane files into the Airplanes folder with all the rest of them.
Its so easy that when you get used to it you can add aircraft quickly with one eye tied behind your back.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:29 am

Flacke wrote:
bombardier wrote:hey flacke if you are still there,

bombardier

Hi, I are still here.............go to the drive that you loaded FSX-SE on to, then clik on Program Filesx86, then Steam, then Steamapps, then Common, then Fsx, then SimObjects, then Airplanes. Just put your airplane files into the Airplanes folder with all the rest of them.
Its so easy that when you get used to it you can add aircraft quickly with one eye tied behind your back.

Quick tip. Once you find the FSX-SE root directory create a desktop shortcut to it.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bombardier » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:50 am

hello flacke:

just one question though: when I look out side using the top hat button spot, lock spot and fly-by, top down. I normally use the lock spot but when I do that the plane is too close (too close meaning cannot see the ground ) for me look at the ground, am I missing something? how do I fix that so I can pan out and not to be outside on top of the plane if you know what I mean.

I normally lick on lock spot and it will pan out so I can see the plane and the terrain.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam