Circuit Position Reports

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Circuit Position Reports

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 am

Good morning all... ;)

Have programmed a simulated flight in FSX Deluxe with Acceleration and using Windows 10 Home Edition.

I start take-off and have already asked ground to remain in pattern.

What does not show up is:
Reporting on Upwind...Downwind...Base and Final

Now I do remember these positions showing up in some of the simulated flights but can't seem to get them to show up now.

Have tried Google and no luck...lots of tutorials but nothing on how to bring these reporting points up.

One Google report said they will show on 1st circuit and not after that, I remember doing up to 8 or 9 circuits and the reporting points always showed up.

Any ideas on what the problem is or what I am missing when programming a simulated flight to remain in the circuit pattern?
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Circuit Position Reports

Postby garymbuska » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Flying Trucker wrote:Good morning all... ;)

Have programmed a simulated flight in FSX Deluxe with Acceleration and using Windows 10 Home Edition.

I start take-off and have already asked ground to remain in pattern.

What does not show up is:
Reporting on Upwind...Downwind...Base and Final

Now I do remember these positions showing up in some of the simulated flights but can't seem to get them to show up now.

Have tried Google and no luck...lots of tutorials but nothing on how to bring these reporting points up.

One Google report said they will show on 1st circuit and not after that, I remember doing up to 8 or 9 circuits and the reporting points always showed up.

Any ideas on what the problem is or what I am missing when programming a simulated flight to remain in the circuit pattern?

This depends on what kind of flight you filed IFR OR VFR
On VFR flights Atc can tell you things like fly left or right base runway (XX) but that depends upon where you are at the time you request landing and what runways are available .
Example would be if you are flying to KATl Atlanta GA for instance and one of the active runways is 9L and you are approaching from 270 ATC might tell you to fly straight in because you are heading straight for runway 9L
But if the active runway was 27R he could tell you to fly left or right base runway 9L.
On IFR flights I have never had ATC tell me to fly right or left base as they usually vector you in to the active runway
Mind you you will only get these instructions for CONTROLLED airports
So if an airport does not have a control tower you will never get fly left or right base instructions

In Circuit Patterns will never give you fly left or right base as this is also called a touch and go pattern.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks Gary

I programmed in two more flights using the IFR and VFR Options...
Asked ATC to Remain in Pattern

Made no difference...

I think it is a hit and miss thing with FSX but will keep trying... :lol:
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:22 am

Flying Trucker wrote:Thanks Gary

I programmed in two more flights using the IFR and VFR Options...
Asked ATC to Remain in Pattern

Made no difference...

I think it is a hit and miss thing with FSX but will keep trying... :lol:

As soon as you asked to stay in the pattern it is the same thing as flying touch & go's
If you file a VFR flight plan and use some kind of real world weather say from KJAX to KATL and than when you get close to Katl ask for permission for a full stop landing that is when you might get the fly left or right base runway (xx)
but if you ask for a touch & go or to stay in the pattern odds are you will not get those instructions.
Myself I fly mostly IFR flights and use ACTIVE SKY 2016 & ACTIVE SKY CLOUD ART for my weather as it create the actual weather at every way point in my flight plan
Not sure if that is how it is int the real world.
Though the real world weather option in FSX is not the best option at least it is better than using clear skies all the time.
I try to make things as real as I can.
A good challenge is to fly into Jackson Hole Wyoming KJAC using the actual weather at the time and there is a winter storm present you better have your altimeter set correctly are you will find a mountain top real quick.
It is called Jackson Hole for a reason as the airport is in a hole in the mountains and the only clear path is from the west any other direction there are 16,000 foot mountains all around it
I sometimes create the worst weather there and than try my luck.
Warning not for the mild or meek though as you really have to pay attention to your altitude at all times and you will not see the mountains until it is to late.
But this is one of my favorite places to fly to
By the way the runways are only 6,300 ft long.
use a B737 series for a real challenge 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 am

A little off subject here but if you want a real challenge. Jump in a B747-400 and fly to TNCM otherwise known as PRINCE JULIANA AIRPORT in ST Maarten
This is one of the hardest airports to land at
check out this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfAX0FvgPc
Video not for the weak at heart 8-)
Warning you might see some topless women on the beach here so make sure no kids are looking
And yes the airport is that close to the beach and road. Several people have been hurt as a result of the jet blast from B747's taking off. As it blows them into the water one woman was knocked unconscious
And yet the people flock to this spot like ants going to sugar.
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Thanks Gary...much appreciated...will have a go at that... ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:02 am

Flying Trucker wrote:Thanks Gary...much appreciated...will have a go at that... ;)

No problem
Believe it or not there is one airport that only a few pilots are qualified to land at. And that is Paro airport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXWTquf ... e=youtu.be
What makes this so dangerous is several factors
There is no ILS approach strictly visual approach if it is to cloudy the airport will close
it is surrounded by 5,500 meter mountains 18,000 feet
the actual airport is behind one of these mountains you wont even see it till you get real close
and of course it is only1981 meters long about 6,500 feet
At the time of the article only 8 pilots are qualified to land here
Why they put this runway here is a million dollar question
I do not think this airport exists in FSX
Just google most dangerous airports to land and you will see the top ten
Gibraltar actually has a city street that crosses an active runway crazy 8-)
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:27 am

Excellent info Gary...much appreciated... :clap: ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam