LITTLE NAVMAP

FSX including FSX Steam version.

LITTLE NAVMAP

Postby boubou1939 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Bonjour à tous

Je viens de télécharger LITTLE NAVMAP, et j'aimerais, si possible, que quelqu'un me dise comment l'installer pour pouvoir l'utiliser, car cela me semble intéressant.

Merci d'avance.
boubou1939
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: LITTLE NAVMAP

Postby FabioL » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi,
I believe that you unzip the files into a folder of your choice (perhaps create a folder called LittleNavMap) and then you run the EXE to run the program; no traditional installation is necessary.
Beyond this I can say very little as I’m afraid that I find LNM too complicated to use for my tastes.
Fabio
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:18 pm

FabioL wrote:Hi,
I believe that you unzip the files into a folder of your choice (perhaps create a folder called LittleNavMap) and then you run the EXE to run the program; no traditional installation is necessary.
Beyond this I can say very little as I’m afraid that I find LNM too complicated to use for my tastes.
Fabio

I agree FabioL, I think it could have been quite good but it was far too overdone for my tastes. I personally would not use a flight-planning tool that is FAR more time-consuming and complex than any flight that I have ever made in real life.
I may keep an eye on it in case they bring out a more compact and quick version that would be usable for General Aviation Sim Pilots/flights.

If anyone out there tries it and actually finds it useful, please let us know. Thanks.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby FabioL » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:44 am

It has great potential, and if they made the interface more intuitive and less “busy” then it would be a winner. It does seem better suited to airliner flights.

Here are two excellent moving map planning tools perhaps more suited to GA:

Plan-G: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk
VFR Flight: http://vfrflight.org/en/index.html
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zeus981 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 am

I find it quite useful. I have a small monitor installed atop my yoke which I use to display main instruments and other things like LNM.
Admittedly it took a while to see how it works best.. I display the main map in one window and the horizontal flight path in another window along the bottom of the screen. One click brings up info on airports and NDBs frequency etc and another click to get rid of it and back to the main map.
Perhaps too much info for what you would get in reality on a panel screen .. but then again, FSX is not reality.
zeus981
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Flacke » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:52 pm

FabioL wrote:It has great potential, and if they made the interface more intuitive and less “busy” then it would be a winner. It does seem better suited to airliner flights.

Here are two excellent moving map planning tools perhaps more suited to GA:

Plan-G: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk
VFR Flight: http://vfrflight.org/en/index.html

I must agree again Fabio. Thanks for the suggestions and I will check them out. I have not seen the VFR one before and it does look kind of fun for good old-fashioned VFR point-to-point low level trips.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:32 pm

It used to be we had very little to choose from now we are spoilt for choice. The freebies above which are great... I use Plan-G almost exclusively. Then among the payware there is PFPX, Aivlasoft and FlightSim Commander.... Probably even more out there.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby SLAMMAN » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:31 pm

FLACKE you don't know me I'm new NAVMAP HAS gone to NAVMAP1.85 I HAD 3 strokes and I can operate it at first
it took a little shiz and spun but you can get a lot of info out of it!
SLAMMAN
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam