DHC1 Chipmunk non-starting

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

DHC1 Chipmunk non-starting

Postby warbirdali » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:35 pm

???
Hi all,
I am a complete newbie got FS04 for Xmas and downloaded the Lanc and Spit from this site, also downloaded the Chipmunk (RAF/UAS T10) from page 26 of props for FS2000. The other downloads are fine but When selected, the chipmunk appears to be OK but the the engine instantly stalls, never to restart. I try ctrlE (or whatever is autostart) but it just turns the starter. (nice little puffs of smoke from the cartridge starter though)
Am I just a dumbass or is there a bug? Any advice would be appreciated since it's the one I really wanted to use. I think maybe the starting is a little TOO realistic based on my experience with the real version!
Thanks in advance!
warbirdali
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: DHC1 Chipmunk non-starting

Postby ozzy72 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:52 pm

There is a patch (under FS2002) over at flightsim.com that will fix this. Just do a search under Chipmunk ;)

Ozzy :)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby warbirdali » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:59 am

I was finally able to get in when it wasn't busy, and just see the same programs or panel upgrades; is the patch in these upgrades? I didn't find a patch per se for the staring problem.

Cheers! ???
warbirdali
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:52 pm

Warbird I couldn't find them on the site either. Must have been moved or zapped. If you PM me with your email address I'll send the .cfg and .air files to fix the problem ;)

Ozzy
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight