Great E6B calculator for the Palm handheld

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Great E6B calculator for the Palm handheld

Postby JBaymore » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:38 pm

If you tend to do stuff in the sim tending toward "as real as it gets", I found this great "real avaiation" program for the Palm that is just as useful for flight simmers that try to make things realistic as it is for real world pilots.

best,

..............john

---------------------------------------------------

Description of the program for the Palm handheld:

CoPilot Version 4.6
===================
CoPilot is an application program for Palm OS Handhelds that performs flight planning calculations -- the calculations that you would usually perform with a ruler, protractor and an E6B calculator. CoPilot does time, distance, heading, fuel, and weight & balance calculations. It prepares flight plans (Canadian, American, and ICAO formats) with all the information required when calling the FSS. It also has utilities to aid in plotting routes on a map. CoPilot stores the data for past flights so that you can refer back to previous trips (or modify them for new trips).

CoPilot is distributed as freeware, with an option of a donation.

Send e-mail to:

(Mr) Laurie Davis

ldavis@ieee.org

If you would like to be notified regarding future releases of CoPilot,
  please register at:

http://xcski.com/mailman/listinfo/copilot-announce
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Great E6B calculator for the Palm handheld

Postby BFMF » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:12 pm

I've got a real E6-B Flight Computer ;)
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jared » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:22 pm

one that is a handheld computer/calculator? IE electronic?

my dad just gave me his old handheld (Manual) one the other night...:-)

Manual about as thick as my head, and tons of stuff to remember, but when i have some free time, I will play around with it ...:-)
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Staiduk » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:08 am

Lol - if you want to fly; learn the whiz-wheel! Calculators/flight computers are great; but the Telex is sort of the backbone of aerial navigation - not knowing it is like an engineer not knowing how to use a slide-rule. It's still required for pilots in Canada; not sure about other countries.
Thing about the whiz-wheel is it's actually pretty easy to use (thick manual notwithstanding). Once you get the idea; you can whip through calculations quickly with a turn of the thumb; rather than punching buttons. Very intuitive. You can set up a flight plan a lot faster, easier and more accurately with an E6B than with an electronic FC; though that may be just me, I'm biased. :D
Staiduk
Major
Major

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight