Need help with fs9cfg file

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Need help with fs9cfg file

Postby VPA_KTPA » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:15 am

I just switched video cards from the nvidia ge force 5200fx to the ATI 9600xt and it shows the 9600 in the sim harware settings.but it still shows the 5200fx in the fs9cfg file is there anyway to correct this in the fs9cfg file.this is what it reads in the file.[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 .0]
its not displaying the right video card the fx 5200 has been replaced with the 9600xt.maybe if someone has the 9600xt and it shows correctly in the fs9.cfg.if you could copy and paste the correct line here then i could manualy put it in so that it reads right.thats all i would no to do to fix it.thanks for any help.
Last edited by VPA_KTPA on Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
VPA_KTPA

Re: Need help with fs9cfg file

Postby BFMF » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:35 am

I've heard that if you deleted the FS9cfg file, FS2004 will automatically create a new one next time it's launched.

If a new one is created, it may correctly recognize your new video card

I'm just guessing on what i've heard in the past, may or may not work
Last edited by BFMF on Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby VPA_KTPA » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:55 am

That did the trick thanks for the good advice.that must be a flaw on microsofts part.cause best i remember when the sim first came out when some installed the sim there video card wasnt getting put in right in the fs9.cfg file and was causeing the sim to run badly.and someone caught on and started editing the right video card in the file and they was saying they were getting 50% better performance.i am shure its way back in the fourm some where.but ill have to remember this if i ever change cards again.i guess that will be when the 9800xt gets cheaper than it is now.but thanks again for the advice.everyone should check this out and make shure the fs9.cfg file matches up with there video card.cause it may be giveing bad performance if it dont show right in the fs9.cfg file.
Last edited by VPA_KTPA on Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
VPA_KTPA

Postby BFMF » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:45 am

hey, glad it worked :)
Last edited by BFMF on Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby MattNW » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:51 pm

That did the trick thanks for the good advice.that must be a flaw on microsofts part.cause best i remember when the sim first came out when some installed the sim there video card wasnt getting put in right in the fs9.cfg file and was causeing the sim to run badly.and someone caught on and started editing the right video card in the file and they was saying they were getting 50% better performance.i am shure its way back in the fourm some where.but ill have to remember this if i ever change cards again.i guess that will be when the 9800xt gets cheaper than it is now.but thanks again for the advice.everyone should check this out and make shure the fs9.cfg file matches up with there video card.cause it may be giveing bad performance if it dont show right in the fs9.cfg file.

I'm not sure how that edit thing worked out. Many claimed a performance boost but when I tried it I didn't get any better performance than I'd gotten with the Fs9 created .cfg. I also read a lot of replies in the post about it from people who experienced the same thing I did. I can't say it was ineffective for everyone but for the most part I didn't find it any help.
In Memory of John Consterdine (FS Tipster)1962-2003
MattNW
Major
Major

Postby VPA_KTPA » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:03 am

MattNW i dont know about all of that either except just what little i read
Last edited by VPA_KTPA on Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
VPA_KTPA

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight