IM A NEWBIE, NEED ADVICE!!!

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: IM A NEWBIE, NEED ADVICE!!!

Postby lost sailor » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:02 am

It took me some time (and a few choice words) to land too, my first sim was cfs1, you don't get a second chance, I got fs98 and fs2k later on, what I did on those long flights, was before making my approach, I saved the sim at that spot (using "xx" so when it reset, I could get another chance (that was with fs98 & 2k, and I'm not sure if it resets on the save with fs9 but you can reload it anyway, I usually make most of the landings) Keep trying, you will really enjoy that first successful landing!!
lost sailor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: IM A NEWBIE, NEED ADVICE!!!

Postby MattNW » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:54 pm

I agree, start with the smaller planes. They are much less forgiving than the big birds.

When landing the thing to remember is that you are coasting down. Don't try to fly it onto the runway. You want to establish a descent (in small planes it's around 500 ft/min) and get aligned with the runwaywell before you actually reach it. Get the plane gliding down the slope and then just before landing you take off all power and try to hold it off the runway. This will put you into a nice flair and set you down gently.
In Memory of John Consterdine (FS Tipster)1962-2003
MattNW
Major
Major

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight